The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for promoting and selling banking products and related bank services to achieve banking office goals and in accordance with all related bank policies. The CSR provides exceptional customer service at all times while also performing duties that include: acting as loan support for branch manager, referring customers to appropriate bank representatives, answering customer and staff questions, and handling complex and sensitive customer account issues.
- Promotes and sells banking products. Explains the banking products, services, and requirements to existing and prospective customers and formulates marketing approach to identify customer financial needs. Follows outlined script and brochure for selling new products when making sales presentations to new and existing customers
- Processes all job functions in accordance with the CSR policies and procedures manual
- Implements and monitors operational procedures that are in accordance with overall bank and operating objectives
- Receives, researches, and answers customer inquiries regarding accounts, loans, billing inquires, products, rates, and services provided by the bank
- Takes loan applications for retail/consumer loans as required and acts as loan support for branch manager
- Handles credit card referrals, name and address changes, debit cards, check orders, etc.
- Accepts wire transfers and forwards the information to applicable area for processing
- Approves teller transactions up to $5,000
- Processes stop payments on demand deposit accounts
- Monitors daily transactions including NSF, OD, etc… and takes appropriate action within authority to maintain operations within established guidelines
- Monitors, evaluates, and presents solutions to any potential customer problems
- Makes customer calls to assist with internet products, account changes and resolutions to customer problems
- Remains current on emergency and security procedures and continuously pays close attention to customers, visitors and unusual and suspicious activities in the banking office
- Services the ATM afterhours and on weekends, as needed
- Backs-up senior teller/teller supervisor job functions as needed
- Assists/trains less experienced CSRs on an as needed basis
- Assists Branch Manager with past due collections, loan maturity paperwork, and clearing loan exceptions
- Takes Secondary Market Loan applications and help clear conditions as needed
- Travels from time to time to assist other branches in need of additional staff
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned
- Responsible for acting in accordance with all required Bank Security Act (BSA) reporting and compliance.
- Adheres to all customer service standards outlined for the bank
- Provides high quality service, by greeting customers timely and assisting with banking needs; handles a wide variety of customer inquiries either through direct personal action or referral to the appropriate bank representative
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. An individual must have the ability to work efficiently in a multi-task, high volume environment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed to perform job duties.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent; 2-5 years of banking with a basic understanding of the banking products preferred. Experience in retail environment with heavy customer contact. Exposure to business development/sales activity.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
Communication Skills: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Personal Appearance: In compliance with Employee Handbook.
Travel: Occasional travel, depending on matter.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week- must be able to work during banking hours, including some Saturdays. Overtime may be required.
*Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled*