Crew Member - Laborer
Peckham Industries Shaftsbury, VT
- Posted: May 21, 2021
Location: Shaftsbury, VT
Salary Interval: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/18/21
Peckham Industries delivers the highest quality materials and custom solutions to thousands of road construction and road maintenance customers throughout New York and New England. We have several Hot Mix Asphalt and Concrete Plants, Quarries and Terminals, as well as, a paving and reclamation division all located throughout the NY and New England area.
Thank you for your Interest in Peckham Industries. Please complete the application in its entirety and if you have a resume and/or cover letter, please upload a copy before submitting.
This is an entry level position working in a production environment. The primary role of this position is to work under the direction of a crew leader as a member of a crew performing various tasks as directed. As a Crew Member at Dailey Precast, LLC, employees are responsible for following instructions, cleaning their work area and general assembly of the work bed.
In order to fulfill the duties of this job the employee should have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb up and down from work bed area and move and tie rebar.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow all Company Safety Policies and Procedures as well as VOSHA regulations andguidelines. Support VPP activities, objectives and programs.
- Responsible for arriving to work at time scheduled. Upon start of work be prepared with proper PPE.
- Responsible for punching in at time clocks to the appropriate job and product that you will be working on.
- Review previous day's production on a daily basis to look for areas where quality can be improved.
- Follow crew leader instruction to maintain a steady work flow throughout the day.
- Check with crew leader before leaving work area for any reason.
- Notify crew leader of any upcoming scheduled time off, appointments, etc.
- Maintain proper care of mold, tools and equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Help prepare/stage materials for next day to maintain efficient work flow. Inform crew leader of missing materials of information in order to avoid stoppage.
- Check out with crew leader before leaving at end of each day.
- Review daily pour sequence with Production Manager throughout the day for any adjustments that need to be made.
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to ensure that they are properly constructed.
- Check casting molds' conditions each morning prior to start of assembly work.
- Report any issues or concerns to Production Manager.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a manufacturing and construction setting.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensivelisting of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for thisjob. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills (verbal).
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
Preferred Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma
- Experience working in the manufacturing/construction environment is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Peckham Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peckham, please contact HR@peckham.com.
ConstructionView all jobs at Peckham Industries