This is a delivery position responsible for driving a tractor trailer for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products for Peck customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Peck Safety Work Methods.
Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and pivot while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Peck policies and procedures.
- Perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, scanning unit, and personal protective equipment.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer, assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard and proper handling of product.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Must possess and be able to present a valid non-expired interstate Medical Examiner’s Certificate Card (MEC).
- Must be self-certified as a non-excepted interstate driver with the state licensing agency that issued the CDL (commercial driver’s license).
(Please note, effective 5/21/14, medical examiners performing DOT medical certifications must be registered and certified in the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME), and the examiner’s certification date must precede the physical date.)
- 1 year commercial driving experience
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous experience at Peck or in foodservice industry
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust