Pearson K-12 Learning is a global education company delivering award-winning learning solutions for early childhood through high school and more. Our interactive tools and content range from digital and print core curriculums, to supplemental content, intervention programs, and professional services. We partner with educators who are equally passionate about learning to help turn today's classrooms into active workshops and inspire everyone to go further. Our comprehensive solutions are immersive, collaborative, and flexible - delivered online, offline, anytime. Our goal is to deliver the best possible learning experiences so that every student has the chance to succeed.
The Pearson Inside Sales team serves the public, private, and charter schools across the country. If you are a driven, dedicated, problem solver and relationship builder and are interested in providing solutions to improve K-12 education, then we want to meet you!
The Inside Sales - K12 Digital Account Executive will position K-12 educational technology products and services to a designated sales territory within the U.S. and is based in Chandler, AZ. This role will create and nurture relationships with new and existing accounts remotely using the telephone and web-based applications.
- Achieve or exceed assigned quota by developing and implementing solution selling strategies focused on the needs of K-12 customers and our digital supplemental/intervention programs and services.
- Develop relationships with customers to uncover needs and recommend appropriate programs and services through solution selling.
- Prioritize customer outreach to develop relationships, create opportunities and progress pipeline through outbound calls.
- Maintains relationships with accounts via phone, web, and email inquiries with minimal on-site visits.
- Demonstrate a record of quota achievement through organized account planning, development and execution of marketing campaigns, and a willingness to work hard and persevere.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual forecast against assigned quota.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, verbal and written, to address customer challenges and drive results.
- Serves as a liaison between customers and appropriate company departments including product management, finance, accounting, support and professional services.
- Conducts customer-facing, engaging product presentations and demonstrations based on customer need using web-based applications.
- Ability and talent for collaborating, recognizing that both internal and external collaboration will lead to success.
- Maintains records of all sales interactions with customers and internal departments using a CRM.
- Provides complex price quotes using a variety of product-specific quoting tools.
- Assists with department projects as assigned.
- Focuses on continuous improvement to consistently improve and exceed expectations as an individual and as a team.
- Participates and assists with trade shows, conventions, sales meetings and executive briefings.
- Bachelor's degree required/or equivalent experience. May need additional training in skills to fulfill the basic responsibilities of the position.
Successful candidates for the position should possess:
- Previous sales or educational experience in a classroom environment
- Knowledge of solution selling using the telephone and web-based applications
- A professional yet friendly customer first attitude that will enhance the candidate's ability to perform well and grow within this service-oriented company.
- A conscientious, highly motivated self-starter, who is detailed-oriented, a strategic thinker and possesses effective time management skills that focus on long-term success.
- Ability to travel position will have limited travel.
Desirable, but not required:
- Familiarity with sales and purchasing cycles as they relate to school district, Title I, and other Federal funding guidelines will present a strong advantage.
- Successful sales experience selling within a K-12 market.
- Previous experience selling or working with technology products.
Successful candidates will become part of a creative team focused on enriching education. A passion and dedication to the cause of helping all students perform to their highest potential is essential.
In addition to a highly competitive base salary and uncapped bonus potential, Pearson Inside Sales Representative position offers an excellent benefits package and outstanding opportunities for advancement. Base salary is commensurate with experience.