Junior IT Systems Engineer - NASA Support
- Expired: February 28, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Junior IT Systems Engineer - NASA Support
Pearl River is an SBA certified HUBZone small-disadvantaged business (SDB) providing professional, technical and administrative support services to federal, state and local government agencies. Through our support and commitment to the HUBZone program, we successfully offer our customers the highest quality of service, while creating opportunities and growth for our employees.
As a Junior IT Systems Engineer, you will support Windows servers, workstations and related technologies such as user management, Active directory, Power Shell scripting. This position supports a group of flight dynamics engineers in the GSFC Flight Dynamics Facility (FDF) onsite (reduced on-site due to COVID). The FDF is a NASA Mission Essential Infrastructure facility that provides multi-mission services for a wide range of robotic and human space flight spacecraft missions like James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) and SpaceX Dragon vehicle support. The individual will support the services provided by the FDF Operations teams by making sure servers, workstations, software, peripherals, and the virtualization environment are functioning properly.
- Maintaining, building, upgrading the organizations AWS\VMware infrastructure using Windows servers and workstations.
- Using and maintaining Active Directory
- Creating windows images, patching servers and workstations using WSUS
- Training other personnel on how to use, manage, and troubleshoot the Windows and VMware environment.
- Sharing in an onsite support role as Goddard Space Flight Center supporting critical mission activities including launch, docking, and landing for crewed and un-crewed missions.
Required Degree & Experience
BA or BS in Technology or related field
- Windows, Networking, DNS, AD, Certificates, RAID
- Imaging, patching, printers, workstations
- CISCO UCS, NetApp SAN ESi or ESX hosts, SRM, VMware
- Linux, HPUX
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
US citizenship required / EEO/AA / E-Verify Participation
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Pearl River Technologies LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Pearl River Technologies
Get fresh NASA Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!