Engineering Project Manager, NASA Support
- Posted: over a month ago
Pearl River Technologies is looking for a project manager to lead a multi-contractor personnel team on the Flight Dynamics Support Services III contract. This position leads a group of navigation engineers in the GSFC Flight Dynamics Facility (FDF). The FDF is a NASA Mission Essential Infrastructure facility that provides multi-mission navigation services for a wide range of robotic and human space flight spacecraft missions, including Artemis and the James Webb Space Telescope!
Specific areas of support will include:
· Provide overall project management for the Navigation Operations team including technical, schedule, cost, quality, and resource management
o Maintain delivery of quality, on-time products in routine operations
o Ensure tasks/projects are on schedule and within budget
o Plan and forecast annual budgets; identify variances and mitigation plans; report financial status to customer and program management
· Work closely with supported NASA customers including FDF Operations Directors, NASA Branch Management, and spacecraft projects, as needed
o Ensure expectations are clearly captured, always met, and frequently exceeded
o Confirm satisfaction with team performance and mitigate all issues
o Develop overall technical direction and vision
· Develop technical staff through effective personnel management
o Evaluate and regularly communicate staff performance, supporting career development
o Identify and fill current or future skill gaps
o Hire additional staff, when needed
· Collaborate and communicate with other managers and program management
o Determine needs and allocate resources to deliver on Customer commitment
o Identify opportunities for technical or business process improvement
o Recognize and pursue opportunities to grow the task
Some travel may be required. Some off-hours support will be required.
· Background in applied engineering
· Demonstrated success in project and personnel management
· Be effective in a continuously evolving environment
o Developing multi-disciplinary teams including space flight dynamics operations and analysis,
o Managing multiple projects with emphasis on continuous improvement
o Working in a multi-customer environment with competing priorities
· Ability to communicate direction and concepts at multiple levels, from junior engineers to senior managers and NASA customers
· Creative thinking and effective problem solving through innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems
· Ability to make time-sensitive decisions and apply risk analysis concepts to provide engineering direction
· Demonstrated effective personnel management ability
· Work experience in space flight dynamics operations or analysis
· Experience with financial management of a project
· Understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies
· Experience with Agile project management methodologies
7+ years professional experience. A Master’s degree counts as 2 years professional experience
Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related discipline.
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
US citizenship required / EEO/AA / E-Verify Participation
Pearl River Technologies (PRT) is an SBA certified HUB-Zone small, disadvantaged business (SDB) providing professional, technical, and administrative support services to federal, state and local government agencies. Through our support and commitment to the HUB-Zone program, we successfully offer our customers the highest quality of service, while creating opportunities and growth for our employees.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Pearl River Technologies LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Pearl River Technologies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?