Military & Family Life Counselor - Onsite
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pearl Interactive Network is seeking to hire a Military and Family Life Counselor – Onsite.
The Military and Family Life Counselor is responsible for supporting service members, their families, and survivors with non-medical counseling and delivering counseling services, briefings, and presentations to the military community on an installation.
Why choose Pearl Interactive Network?
Join Our Team and embrace the winning Pearl Culture which promotes our employee's desires and efforts to serve our consumers, clients, and community. Our values of customer satisfaction, teamwork, a family atmosphere, quality services, respect for each other, transparency, and innovation are what make Pearl, the employer of choice. As a woman-owned, HUBZone-certified social enterprise, Pearl offers hiring priority to our Veterans, Military Spouses, and their families, as well as individuals with disabilities.
Operating Hours: 8 am - 8 pm EST, Mon. - Fri.
Location(s): Huntsville, AL
- Provide non-medical, short-term, solution-focused, walk-around counseling directly to service and family members. Services include assessment, brief counseling and consultation, action planning, referral to resources (assuring linkage as appropriate), and follow-up as indicated.
- Deliver training and health and wellness presentations, participate in health fairs and other bases/installation activities as requested/ directed.
- Enter counselor activity data on a daily basis through smartphone, web, or fax to assure that reporting is accurate from assigned installation while maintaining client/service member confidentiality.
- Create a presence on the installation in which the service and family members feel comfortable approaching the counselor and recognize the program to be confidential.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with community resources and provide appropriate linkages for service members and their families.
- Develop an excellent working relationship with the installation POC.
- Provide MFLC response to critical incidents, surge and on-demand events, and special requests as directed by the POC and approved by the OSD program manager. Counselor will flex their schedule to respond to urgent requests as needed.
- Manage duty to warn and restrict reporting situations according to DoD protocol and staffs the cases with Regional Supervisor/Regional Director.
- Communicate with Regional Supervisors and participate in regular individual and group supervision, sharing information regarding trends and issues on the installations to which they are assigned.
- Participate in regular in-services/training, Quality Improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned/appropriate.
- U.S. citizen, and speak fluent English
- Successfully pass government suitability requirements
- Master’s degree from an accredited graduate program in a mental health-related field such as social work, psychology, marriage/family therapy, or counseling; a valid unrestricted counseling license or certification, REQUIRED
- Must be licensed or certified and properly credentialed
- Provisionally licensed (Tier 1), or licensed (independent licensure Tiers 2, 3, and 4)
- Understanding of the military lifestyle, sensitivity, and empathy for service members and their families
- Working knowledge of military, state, federal, and local laws and resources
- Work effectively with individuals and families from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to intervene in crisis situations, using sound professional judgment, ethical practice, and common sense
- Work independently to develop, implement, and evaluate safety and intervention plans to meet individual and family needs
- Agree to operate within established guidelines of the military services family support and quality of life programs
- Work cooperatively with military and civilian medical, social service, law enforcement, and legal personnel on behalf of service members and their families.
- Demonstrate sound professional judgment and the highest ethical standards in executing their responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and assessment
Background/Suitability Check, Drug Screening, and Skills Assessments Required
Pearl Interactive Network, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pearl Interactive Network (Pearl) provides multi-channel contact center solutions, specializing in consultative, compassionate, and often complex interactions supporting beneficiaries, employees, and people requiring healthcare, government, and commercial services. At Pearl, our business is built on a people-driven culture. Whether it’s taking our own funds and investing in a bus to transport employees or holding employee appreciation days, Pearl offers employees a supportive, family-like environment.
By taking care of the team serving your specific needs, they can focus on taking care of you. That’s why we have high retention and recall rates. Another reason for this is our recruitment and hiring practices. Pearl is steadfast when aligning people with impeccable performance and your organization’s goals while holding a strong ability to scale quickly without compromising quality or culture. We also invest in our clients’ communities, which is appealing to prospective candidates. This can range from school supply drives for the local school system to participating in local festivals.
Our professional coaching program, compliments supervisor coaching by offering personal enrichment including strengths assessment and employee engagement, on-demand skills training, and career path coaching.
Who We Hire:
We give hiring priorities to disabled veterans, veterans, people with disabilities, military spouses, and people living in geographically challenged areas. Given our combined business and social mission, our company name includes “Interactive Network” because we interact and network with clients, candidate referral sources, and candidates.
Customer Satisfaction, Teamwork and Family Atmosphere, Quality, Respect, Transparency, Innovation
Pearl Interactive Network, Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Pearl Interactive Network, Inc.
Get fresh Family Life Counselor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.