Pearhead is looking for a passionate, driven, and creative junior graphic designer with strong illustration and design skills to produce campaigns for the Pearhead marketing and sales team.
The junior graphic designer is responsible for creating content and designs for the Pearhead brand. He/she oversees Pearhead branding by delivering content in line with the brand’s style and voice. He/she will work directly with the sr sales and marketing manager to create all assets including but are not limited to; marketing and sales creatives, advertisements, email design, website design and content, in-store displays, sales presentations, tradeshow booth design, planograms, and other marketing and sales materials.
The individual should be comfortable working independently and, in a team, to learn how to apply creative concepts in a corporate setting, while gaining technical and leadership skills. They enjoy brainstorming and then taking those ideas to create their designs.
He/she will experience working for a company who values quality work and efficient/affordable solutions in an environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
The position will report to the sr sales and marketing manager and work closely with the sales and marketing team and design team for design oversight and collaboration.
· Generate fresh design layouts using color, multiple mediums, and techniques while incorporating their own personal touch and staying in line with the Pearhead branding
· Various design projects in line with marketing efforts such as social media posts, web content, advertisements, and other marketing materials
· Design creatives for Pearhead campaigns and marketing tactics
· Create sales & marketing presentations and product planograms
· Involvement in weekly team meetings to discuss Pearhead strategy
· Research new trends to understand the gift, pet, baby, and wedding industries
· Manage marketing photoshoots in-house and outsource our photography needs; working directly with photographers including creating photo shoot storyboards and video content storyboards
· Uphold style guides in line with Pearhead branding
· Create marketing catalogs to sell Pearhead products nationally and internationally
· Execute and lead Pearhead visual merchandising including creating mockups for customers and in-store designs, such as aisle displays, CDUs, and marketing signage within stores
· Assist and create booth design for all trade shows, including executing prints, trade show logistics, and other aspects of trade show planning
· Completed degree in Fine Arts / Graphic Design / Communication Design / Illustration
· Experience designing social media posts driving engagement with a brand
· Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is a MUST
· Proficient in Sketchup is a plus
· Very strong organization skills
· Very strong multi-tasking skills
· Ability to work efficiently and effectively under short deadlines is a MUST
· Self-starter, proactive, and motivated
· Must be extremely detail oriented
· Must be a team player
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Basic knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
· Knowledge of the retail industry is a plus but not required
· Skills in photography, web design, video, and HTML/CSS is a plus
Location: Sunset Park, Brooklyn, NY
About the Company: Young and dynamic company who creates unique, quality products in the keepsake industry specializing in gift, baby, pet, and wedding. From concept and design to production and marketing, our diverse team works together every step of the way. We consider everything from maintaining a clean aesthetic to ease of use and value. We appreciate the input of every member of our team but most importantly, our buyers and customers. We offer competitive salary, 401(k) benefits, and full health care. Culture is a number one priority at Pearhead, and we showcase this with team events, parties, happy hours, bi-weekly meetings, and more!