Scope of Work:
The Waukesha – Pearce recruiter is energetic and passionate. This person is responsible for developing and executing effective headhunting/recruiting strategies to attract top talent to Waukesha – Pearce. Our recruiter handles a variety of positions within the company, across multiple business units and divisions. In-state and out of state travel is required and at times is frequent depending on business need.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers in order to fully understand job requirements and team dynamics
- Screen candidates and provides appropriate feedback to advise and influence hiring managers, ensuring an overall effective hire
- Conduct behavioral-based phone interviews and utilizes competency-based assessments to help managers identify the best talent for the organization
- Track candidate activity; provide communication and updates on positions and selected candidates to hiring managers
- Coordinate onsite interviews with hiring manager
- Maintain candidate data in applicant tracking system
- Aggressively recruit and build a portfolio of prospective candidates through proactive direct sourcing, advertising, networking, and referrals.
- Work closely with career centers in colleges, technical schools, high schools, and organizations promoting ex-military personnel
- Coordinate and participate in campus recruiting activities, job fairs, networking events, and other recruiting events
- Work with the HR Manager regarding advertising, staffing companies, the applicant tracking system
- Establish business relationships with temporary agencies and maintain related contracts.
- Author and post job opportunity advertisements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of 5 years previous recruiting experience
- GED or High School Diploma
- Basic understanding of employment laws as they pertain to hiring
- Experience using recruitment technologies such as employer job boards, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and social media tools
- Prior experience in recruiting highly qualified technicians in the following industries: Construction, Mining, Oil and Gas
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Proven ability to source in a tight labor market
- Must be dependable and able to work independently
- Must have experience working with all levels of management
- Experience conducting effective Intake Meetings with Hiring Managers at all levels of an organization
- Must maintain a professional, polished appearance
- Must have the ability and flexibility for occasional travel, including overnight stays
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a high energy level/extremely personable
- Must have on-line recruiting experience
- Must have experience recruiting for a multiple locations and states
- Must have experience developing and maintaining recruiting contacts
- Must be computer proficient in a Windows-based environment (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook and the internet)
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Typical hours of work Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Weekend hours as necessary
- Office indoor work
WPI is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
WPI es una institució n EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acció n afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientació n sexual, infomació n genética, identidad de género, o expresió n de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.