Director of Sales
Pear Commerce is the retail ecommerce platform that connects CPGs to retailers, converting shoppable media into actionable insights that fuel performance marketing.
We are redefining how CPG brands think about ecommerce by providing the infrastructure for the Retail Ecommerce channel alongside DTC and Amazon. Our software and partnerships illuminate the customer journeys—from impression to sale, providing a closed feedback loop for CPGs' digital marketing efforts and allowing for true conversion-optimized campaigns (for the first time ever).
In short, we are unlocking the DTC Playbook for CPG Brands at retail.
We are a venture-backed startup looking to grow a formidable team to challenge the status quo in a massive industry. And we’re only getting started…
About Our Team
At Pear, we value intentionality, transparency, accountability, diversity, and results.
- We focus on alignment so we can act autonomously.
- We are builders and do-ers and we move quickly.
- We ask why because we are curious and like to learn.
- We want the ideal team player—humble, hungry, and smart.
- We are not homogenous. We celebrate diversity.
- We work hard but know when to turn work off.
- We are not afraid of messiness, of change, of moving fast.
We want our team to grow with us. We want to hire the best and then take really good care of them. We believe world-class talent that works well together with high autonomy and alignment is a true competitive advantage.
The Director of Sales will be responsible for (i) developing, managing, and growing relationships with large CPG brands, (ii) create necessary materials and documents for your clients and (iii) serve as company expert on the competitive landscape and industry trends. You will collaborate closely with the Heads of Growth, Marketing, and Product, and will play an integral part in the growth and success of the company.
This is a remote-first role with a preference for individuals close to other Pear-ites, Pearrots, Pearisans, Pearitans, Pea...new perk to add to the list: you can help us think of a good nickname for our team.
The Director of Sales will:
- Prospect and surround sales of key accounts
- Manage and progress account list of medium and large CPG brands, including both inbound and outbound
- Take ownership in the success of the sales organization
- You are a true team player. We work at a startup where the world is ambiguous, changes constantly, and requires teamwork. You are skilled at building trust, mastering conflict, achieving commitment, and focusing on results.
- You value transparency, intentionality, accountability, diversity, and measurable results as much as we do.
- You are resourceful. You understand that startups come with limited resources—which includes time, staff, information, or context. You’re comfortable being autonomous, self-directed, and entrepreneurial.
- You are technically-minded. You understand and can speak to how software is developed and implemented with partners.
- 5+ years of experience in a B2B sales role, ideally having spent some time at a high-growth SaaS startup
Even if you don't fit the above criteria exactly, we want to hear from you!
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation packages with equity grants. Everyone has skin in the game
- Full healthcare for you and your family. 100% medical, dental, and vision premiums paid by Pear. We'll contribute to your HSA as well. Coverage is with United Healthcare
- Unlimited vacation. We mean it when we say we hire adults, so much so that we require that everyone take at least 100 hours of vacation a year, in addition to paid company holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Years, Election Day, and Juneteenth)
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption leave. We offer 12 weeks paid maternity leave and flexible paternity and adoption leave
- The equipment you need to succeed
- The opportunity to play a meaningful role in building and changing the status quo
P.S. We’re thrilled that you’re considering joining our team. You can learn more about who we are, what we believe in, how our hiring process works, and what we’re excited to keep building (hopefully with your help!) here.
Powered by JazzHR
Pear CommerceMilwaukee, WI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.