Mechanical Engineer HVAC
Peak Technologies Fremont, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mechanical Engineer – Fremont
Peak Technical Staffing is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be a part of our team supporting projects across the bay area in design development and execution of new and tenant improvement energy manufacturing facilities.
- Apply engineering fundamentals and a broad set of mechanical engineering tools to solve technical problems and create novel detailed designs for a wide range of mechanical and process system
- Responsible for developing mechanical design packages for permitting and construction
- Review and develop designs that are cost effective, constructible, code compliant while meeting our client' s quality and schedule requirements
- Able to develop quantity take offs and assist with cost estimating for projects in short time frames
- Work with various manufacturing, construction, and facilities stakeholders to understand end user needs and deliver results that meet the collective teams needs
- Must be able to prioritize and manage heavy workload on multiple projects to ensure high quality and productivity
- Resolving design issues creatively and thoroughly coordinating design with other disciplines
Fundamental understanding mechanical systems including, not limited to; Dehumidification Units, Air Scrubbers, Dust Collectors, Heat Exchangers (shell/tube, plate/frame, brazed fin), Chillers, Cooling Towers, Pumps, Compressors, process gas/fluid systems, Air Handling Units, Terminal Units, Fans / Blowers, Pumps, Control Valves and Instrumentation, Hazardous Exhaust, Dehumidification Units, Heat Recovery Systems
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
- International Codes Council (ICC) Suite of Codes (codes including Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy Conservation, Fuel Gas, and Fire Codes)
- ASHRAE Handbooks / Standards
- SMACNA Standards
- Minimum of 4 years HVAC and Process Systems design experience
- Ability to obtain a PE registration and ability in any State
- Excellent communication skills essential for team-based working
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs such as HVAC load calculations, Pipe-flo, Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and Revit.
- Professional design experience in a wide range of project types including industrial cooling tower systems, chiller plants, boiler plants, office, mission critical/data centers, restaurant, high tech/R&D, bio-tech/pharmaceutical and industrial
- Knowledge and experience with writing sequences of operation
- Construction Administration experience including site observation visits and review of RFIs, and shop drawings
- Direct experience in the preparation of mechanical contract drawings and engineering specifications
HVAC, Environmental, Process Systems, industrial cooling tower systems, chiller plants, boiler plants, office, mission critical/data centers, restaurant, high tech/R&D, bio-tech/pharmaceutical, industrial, International Codes Council (ICC) Suite of Codes (codes including Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy Conservation, Fuel Gas, and Fire Codes), ASHRAE Handbooks / Standards, SMACNA Standards
Peak TechnologiesWhy Work Here?
Our profession demands the utmost in professionalism, trust, respect and reliable service.
PEAK Technical Staffing USA is dedicated to staffing the Technical needs of our clients on a contract temporary and direct placement basis. We offer challenging assignments that are on the cutting edge of technology and present excellent opportunities for career growth. PEAK's Engineering service offering encompasses a variety of specialties in demand in the Engineering, Manufacturing, Transportation, Defense, Aerospace, Entertainment, Telecommunications, Energy/Utilities and Petrochemical Industries. PEAK's IT service offerings include SOA/Web Services, ERP/CRM, BI/DW and eBusiness Solutions.