What we want:
· Tenacity to work through challenges
· Able to work in an ambiguous environment with little direction
· Highly self-motivated
· Ability to think on your feet
· Strong work ethic
· Strong communication skills
What you’ll do:
· Define hardware requirement for battery pack BMS.
· Design and development of BMS hardware, including schematic capture, PCB layout and BOM capture.
· Evaluate BMS design, architecture and perform trade-off analyses.
· Manage the BMS product development process from design to manufacturing, perform DFMEA.
· Testing and validation BMS function with HIL and vehicle testing
· Contribute to vehicle level integrations including BMS hardware and software, thermal control and charging.
· Work closely with mechanical design, manufacturing and supply chain to bring the product into mass production
What you need:
· Bachelor's degree (MS is preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field of study
· 5+ years of BMS hardware development experience in automotive industry
· Expertise in PCB design with proficiency in CAD tools for schematic capture, circuit simulation and layout. Altium Design experience is preferred.
· Experience with BMS algorithm and firmware is a plus
· Experience with BMI/EMC design, validation testing and functional safety
· Familiar with automotive safety standards, such as ISO26262
· Experience with CAN communication and associated tools such as CANoe
· Familiarity with automotive ECUs, experience with TI microcontrollers is a plus.
· Ability to speak and write Mandarin Chinese
· Detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills
· Experience in a high pressure or startup environment
· Passion for hardware simulation and development.
· Experience with electrified vehicles.
· Occasional international travel is expected for this position.