6 month contract to direct opportunity
· Respond to inquiries and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
· Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
· Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, reports, brochures, and displays.
· Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
· Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
· Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed.
· May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
· Maintain approved content on websites for your Division.
· May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. iAT (timesheet), I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.
· Manage fleet of government vehicles; track mileage, get gas, assess damage for repair and maintain vehicle cleanness.
· Support onboarding of new employees and POI/CWR workers; work space and IT coordination.
· Assist with reimbursement process for safety gear, travel and training.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
· High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
· Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
· Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
· Frequent sitting.
· Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
· Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.