On-Site [High-Rise] Property Manager
At Peak, we strive to be "the best place in town to find the best place in town." Our team enjoys and values:
· Family-like connection
· Problem solving
· Work variety
· Casual atmosphere
Peak Properties, a full service real estate management and investment company serving Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, seeks an on-site Property Manager for a 200 unit high-rise in the Old Town neighborhood.
The on-site Property Manager is responsible for the management of the building and the buildings’ staff. S/he interacts with the staff, residents, and vendors, to resolve issues, coordinate maintenance, review financial reports, prepare budgets, and ensure rents are collected.
· Communicate well with staff, residents, and vendors and respond to moderate-high volumes of email correspondence in a timely manner
· Maintain and enter data into to Yardi property management system
· Oversee and ensure accurate invoicing and payouts
· Review and track delinquency reports notifying residents of overdue balances
· Answer ownership questions about financial statements
· Educate and coach staff on pertinent laws
· Interact with/oversee maintenance engineer(s) and/or building janitor(s) to resolve issues
· Solicit/coordinate quotes and receive approval to make repairs/improvements.
· Respond to emergencies (i.e. no heat, no hot water, water leaks, safety hazards)
· 3-5 years property management experience; previous condo experience preferred.
· Office organization and time management
· Experience in managing on-site personnel
· Experience with property maintenance
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to think like an owner and manage risk
· Ability to navigate within various systems, tools, apps and interfaces (Yardi, Rent Cafe, etc.)
· Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Strategic/critical thinking and problem solving
· Ability to stay calm under stress and work independently and as a team
· Ability to multi-task, be open-minded, respond well to change, and be creative