GroundWater Flow Modeling Geoscientist V
Peak Performers Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking for an opportunity to put your Geoscientist experience to work for a state agency?
If you answered yes, Peak Performers may have an opportunity for you! We have partnered with a State of Texas Agency to recruit for a GroundWater Flow Modeling Geoscientist V in Austin, Texas.
Performs highly advanced (senior level) geosciences work. Work involves planning, coordinating, and overseeing the execution of technical projects; reviewing and evaluating designs and reports; preparing plans, estimates, and calculations; and overseeing inspections, testing, and the evaluation of data. May supervise the work of others. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Oversees the inspection, testing, and evaluation of data for compliance with laws and specifications.
- Oversees the analysis and interpretation of geological, geochemical, geohydrological, and geophysical information from sources such as survey data, rock samples, well logs, boreholes, and aerial photos.
- Oversees geological, geochemical, geohydrological, and geophysical field studies and surveys to provide information for use in regional development, resource management, environmental investigations, land use, site selection, and development of other projects.
- Oversees the gathering of samples, and/or the drilling and test programs used to collect data for research or application.
- Plans, coordinates, and oversees the execution of technical projects; reviews or evaluates designs; and prepares plans, estimates, and calculations.
- Interprets laws, regulations, and policies; and delivers responses to the public and governmental agencies.
- Reviews the activities of contractors, operators, and civic authorities.
- Reviews and evaluates geology reports, test reports, studies, and technical data; and develops recommendations for programs or projects.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Experience in geosciences work; MUST have experience with groundwater flow modeling.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in geology, geophysics, soil science, or a related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of geosciences principles, techniques, and procedures; of testing methods, processes, and procedures; of mathematics and statistics; and of the practical application of geosciences and technology.
- Skill in scientific data management; in collecting and assessing geological, geohydrological, and geophysical data; in applying modeling and statistical procedures; in conducting laboratory tests; in the use of a computer, geographic information system application, and other applicable software; and in the use of standard tools of the profession.
- Ability to plan and oversee projects, to conduct inspections, to apply geological concepts, to communicate effectively, and to supervise the work of others.
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION, OR LICENSURE
Must be licensed as a Professional Geoscientist by the Texas Board of Professional Geoscientists.
Project Term: ASAP to August 31, 2021 (possibility to extend)
Compensation: $43.00/hr (W2)
Work Location: Work from Home; (occasional meetings onsite in Austin, TX)
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8-5
What's it like to work for Peak Performers?
Qualified applicants with chronic medical conditions and/or disabilities receive job preference.
Our clients can hire you at any time - with no fee! We want you to get hired.
We pay weekly through direct deposit.
We offer ACA compliant health insurance after 60 days.
In business since 1994, our relationships span 25 years and thousands of job placements.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Applicants for employment with Peak Performers must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, family/parental status, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
We are hosting an in-person job fair to help drive awareness of our available jobs here in Austin. We have never had as many open jobs as we do right now. These are great opportunities to work for a state agency. Please share with your network!
- Thursday May 6, 2021 from 4-7 p.m.
- Wear your mask and bring your resume!
- 4616 Triangle Ave STE 405 Austin, TX 78751
- Free parking is across the street from our office.
Peak PerformersWhy Work Here?
We provide professional opportunities within the Texas public sector
Peak Performers is the staffing and recruiting firm of choice for contract positions within the Texas public sector and government agencies. For more information about what makes our employment experience unique, please visit our website: http://www.peakperformers.org.