- Posted: over a month ago
Peak Capital Partners is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our growing team!
About Peak Capital: Peak Capital Partners is a Utah-based real estate private equity firm that owns and operates multi-family properties throughout the United States.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is primarily responsible for managing the daily accounting operations, including tax compliance and reporting, and investor financial reporting. The position currently has two direct reports and reports to the CFO. In addition, this position will be responsible for recommending internal control and overall process improvements to the CFO.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The following are the qualifications, skills and experience needed for this position:
- Bachelor's degree or above in Accounting or related field
- 2-4 years work experience in Accounting
- Experience with Yardi Investment Management a plus
- Active CPA license preferred, or working towards receiving CPA license
- Some exposure to partnership and corporate tax returns
- Knowledge and understanding of current tax code and US GAAP
- Very detail-oriented with desire to "jump in" and learn
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Has been responsible for the review of others' work and providing feedback to direct reports
- Fast learner
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency
- Responsible for partnership accounting for approximately one-third of Peak Capital's portfolio
- Approval of journal entries - Ensure accurate recording of transactions in accounting system in accordance with accrual basis of accounting
- Accounting emphasis on partner equity and fixed assets
- Monthly and quarterly financial statement consolidation preparation for Peak's equity partners
- Furnish support to quarterly financial statement consolidations
- Financial statement audit assistance
- Managing all aspects of transitions, including posting settlement statements, closing out old bank accounts and distributing final funds timely and maintaining transition checklist
- Intercompany balance tracking and settlement
- Detail review and approval of A/P invoice allocations to certain entities in the Peak group
- Recommend and implement process and internal control improvements throughout department
- Deal close payment support and setup in accounting and investor systems
- Property funding as requested by asset managers
- Quarterly investor distributions
- Daily supervision of banking operation
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position will require minimal to no travel.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Peak Capital Partners
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?