"People Matter Most" is Peak Campus's most important core value. Put quite simply, we are a people business, and our team is the single most important asset on our balance sheet. As such, we place great emphasis on hiring the right people and then, providing the training that our employees need to be the best at what they do. We celebrate success, recognize achievement, and ensure that everyone stays connected. Every decision we make for the company starts here.
As the IT Operations Support Specialist, you will help take the technology team at Peak Campus to the next level, a truly unique opportunity while growing your own skills and creating an amazing work experience for your colleagues. Your primary role will be to support the day-to-day technology operations including assisting on-site and remote users, onboarding new employees, tracking assets, building documentation, and performing end user training when needed.
The IT Operations Support Specialist will work closely with the IT Operations Manager and Vice President of Technology to provide world class technology services to our employees, both on-site and remote. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with a collaborative spirit and customer service mindset, a strategic thinker with a high level of attention to detail, innovative, in sync with technology trends, and articulate.
- Answer questions and resolve computer problems for users in person, via telephone, and email.
- Install hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on customers' machines
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Receive and assign tickets to appropriate internal and external support staff, escalate tickets outside of SLA's until resolved.
- Provide desktop support for hardware and software, including printing, installation, email, and operating systems.
- Coordinate and work with third party support vendors in helping computer users for a variety of technical issues including networking, end user computer hardware, communications and applications.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to third party support vendors for service.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Travel to property locations to perform due diligence and/or install/setup
- Passion for quality and excellence
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess strong work ethic, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel, including air
- A valid driver's license and limited use of your vehicle from time to time
- Speak English fluently and communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Desired Education, Experience, and Technical Qualifications
- Windows 7/10
- Mac OS, iOS, Android
- Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019
- Active Directory administration
- Office 365 administration
- Microsoft Azure / AWS
- Microsoft Office technical support
- Inventory tracking tools and processes
- Hands-on endpoint support experience
- Print management and support
- Working knowledge and understanding of networks including routing, switching, and firewalls
Certifications Desired: one or more of the following
A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCP, MCSE
As well as being voted one of Atlanta's Best Places to Work, Peak Campus offers the following benefits and perks:
- Fun, collaborate work environment with casual dress code
- Health, dental, vision, employee assistance program, Teladoc, and much more!
- 401k + match
- 12 paid holidays + 3 weeks PTO for new associates
- Fun company events...we like to celebrate everything!
- Peak Cares - National philanthropy program
- Live Well - Employee wellness program
- Discounts at Staples, Wayfair, Sherwin Williams, Tickets at Work and other events
- Free healthy snacks and Starbucks coffee onsite
- Passionate and entrepreneurial culture
This position is based in Atlanta, GA. Some travel required (approximately 15-20%).
External Company URL: www.peakcampus.com
Street: 2970 Clairmont Road NE