For more than 40 years Peach State Truck Centers has grown into one of the largest commercial truck dealer groups in the United States. With unmatched customer service, value added solutions and dealerships conveniently located throughout Georgia and Alabama, we are here to serve you and all your commercial truck needs.
Peach State Trucking is currently looking for a Parts Sales Trainee to work in our Birmingham, Alabama location.
Parts Sales Trainee is responsible for selling parts over the front counter and over the phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Handles parts requirements of customers through counter service and telephone sales.
- Greets customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
- Assists in keeping parts area clean and shelves stocked and orderly.
- Assists with physical stock inventory.
- Provide, bill, order the correct parts for our customer as required by the vehicle vin or engine serial number.
- Respond to sales calls and customer counter visits thoroughly and professionally
- Utilize computer business systems and electronic catalogues to research parts info
- Provide customer pricing and availability (in-stock or emergency order)
- Process parts invoices and obtain payment.
- Marketing our company to potential and repeat customers / Building interpersonal business relationships with customers.
- Addressing and resolving customers issues and refers to managers when needed.
- Establishing customer base through calling inactive accounts and cold calling.
- Enhance job knowledge by continually participating in on-line training modules and other supplier training on new product features, advantages, and benefits
- Perform cashier duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience selling parts for automobiles or trucks
- Working knowledge of large truck parts prefered (Freightliner experience helpful)
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong phone skills
- Experience with counter sales in a retail environment