PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Access Representative - Cardiology for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 180050
Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification and pre-certification. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit services.
1. Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data. Upon registration, address co-pay (including collections of monies), co-insurance, for scheduled appointment/procedure, etc. May register patients using a mobile cart that is taken into patient rooms or other areas.
2. Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
3. Responds to customer's inquiries.
4. Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
5. Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder calls and calling all referrals.
6. May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year of medical office or related customer service experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD-10 coding preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
PHMG and Outpatient Clinics:
- Strong background in customer service may be considered in lieu of medical office or related experience.
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video , and visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PeaceHealthCareers or LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/peacehealth ! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package at http://www.peacehealth.org/sites/default/files/externalallbenefits_overview.pdf and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
To learn more please visit: jobs.peacehealth.org . Questions? Review our Employment FAQ at https://www.peacehealth.org/sites/default/files/externalcandidatefaq2.pdf or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham, NW Medical Center (214)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $16.35, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.