PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Manager Alaska - Primary Care for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 175327
Manages the operations of primary care, and/or outpatient specialty and surgical clinics and services in Alaska. Responsible for operation performance, financial goals, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Facilitates an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach in the delivery of care and programs; partnering with physicians, providers and operational leadership to provide effective and proactive management of clinic operations and/or clinical programs. Manages physicians, providers and caregivers.
1. Full authority/oversight over daily operations including but not limited to monitoring and prioritizing workflow, planning, developing, organizing and controlling activities.
2. Establish and maintain clinical standards of care for clinic nursing team. Manages and oversees the delivery of exceptional and compassionate care to all patients within areas of responsibility.
3. Analyzes, organizes and manages clinical and non-clinical operations of assigned areas.
4. Oversees contracts for visiting providers that are not employees of PeaceHealth. May include management of a large population of visiting providers representing a variety of specialties.
5. Partners with physicians and senior clinic leadership to lead clinic and/or program operations to ensure overall success of areas of responsibility. Engage staff, providers and leadership in developing and implementing action plans to meet annual operating goals that are in alignment with strategic plan and to resolve clinic and/or program issues in a timely manner.
6. Overall accountability and oversight of assigned clinics, services and programs including financial and operational performance; provider practice efficiency; service excellence; budget development and management; staffing; talent/performance management. Engages appropriate stakeholders in the review and dissemination of area financial and productivity performance.
7. Manage the selection, training, coaching, mentoring, development and evaluation of assigned staff. Full employment authority.
8. Provide first line response to physician and assigned staff issues (behavioral and clinical). Responsible for problem resolution in collaboration with lead physicians(s) and/or senior clinic leadership as necessary.
9. Support/influence strategic initiatives and manage programs in identified service lines. Provides solutions and strategic direction for addressing the business operational issues.
10. Involved with planning and implementation of new or acquired service and business ventures.
11. Leads process improvement initiatives. Analyzes situations, identifies problems, identifies and evaluates alternative courses of action and implements improvement plans through utilization of Quality Improvement (QI) and Process Improvement (PI) principles.
12. Demonstrates emphasis on inspiring caregivers and improving quality of staff, systems, and environment to ensure high quality care and service.
13. Ensures that legal and regulatory standards, as well as clinic and/or program and department policies and procedures are implemented and monitored.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required. BSN preferred
- Master's degree in business or healthcare management is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related healthcare experience, including a minimum two years of leadership experience required.
- Clinic and/or clinical operations experience required.
- Current RN licensure in Alaska
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required at date of hire.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, team building, process improvement, leadership and time management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
- Strong financial management skills including analytical skill and familiarity with benchmarking financial and operational performance.
- Embraces and promotes teamwork.
- Knowledge of an experience with continuous improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrated competence in developing business plans for new services and capital equipment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package at http://www.peacehealth.org/sites/default/files/externalallbenefits_overview.pdf and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video , and visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PeaceHealthCareers or LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/peacehealth !
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ at https://www.peacehealth.org/sites/default/files/externalcandidatefaq2.pdf or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Ketchikan, PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center (301)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $DOE, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Alaska
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Ketchikan || Leadership || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Leadership || Full Time || PHMG ADMIN