Director, Business Development & Data Analytics, N&P - (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Director, Business Development & Data Analytics, Nitrogen & Phosphate reports to the Senior Director, Business Improvement & Development, Nitrogen & Phosphate and is responsible for driving forward, along with evaluation and measurement of, the success of the execution of the Nitrogen and Phosphate business improvement strategy. They will lead a varied portfolio of Business Improvement and Development initiatives and projects and enhance the overall analytics capability of the Business' Improvement and Development group.
What you will do:
- Manage a team of 4 to support all areas of Business Improvement and Development for the Nitrogen & Phosphate (N&P) business units
- Provide input to strategic execution plans and evaluation of progress against set metrics
- Work with stakeholders right across the organization to continually grow and evolve the execution strategy to grow and improve the N&P Business lines
- Maintain reporting capability to track and report on financial, and other, improvement commitments through strategy execution
- Help drive the execution of N&P key strategic growth objectives by bringing focus to the long-term optimization and continuous improvements of the business
- Support the business in developing the long-term improvement plans, ensuring there are clear action plans in place which are being executed and delivered against, supporting in the execution of the plans where necessary, and very importantly measuring and tracking delivery
- Work on various business improvement and development initiatives/projects right across the N&P group
- Lead the development and integration of various critical analytical datasets vital to understand areas of opportunity, internal and external to Nutrien, for both N&P business units
- Provide advanced analytical and focused analysis on these datasets to identify and drive business improvements
- Continue to develop use of new advanced data analytical and AI tools to enhance N&Ps decision making capability
What you will bring:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to build relationship across the business groups including Sales, Transportation, Distribution & Logistics, Operations, Finance, Strategic Procurement, Engineering, Technology & Capital and IT
- An undergraduate degree and accounting designation preferred
- Demonstrative leadership and collaborative skills
- Capability of working with a diverse groups of people to drive cohesion and direction on business improvement projects
- Advanced data analytical skills and evaluation methodology experience for a wide variety of different data sources, along with knowledge of latest analytical tools.
- High level of business acumen
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to approach problems from multiple perspectives
- Robust system expertise including SAP & HANA
- Solid understanding of finance and key financial measures
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national or