Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a full-time position under minimal supervision and in accordance with standardized protocols, is responsible for providing primary care to the pediatric and adolescent patients ages 0 – 21 years old. Nurse Practitioner works in collaboration with other health care team members, consulting and referring as appropriate, but retains responsibility for ongoing clinical management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Conducts interviews with patients and/or family, records medical histories, performs periodic physical examinations, evaluates patient behaviors and explores patient’s health needs.
- Performs or orders appropriate diagnostic studies and interprets results.
- Develops and implements long and short range treatment plans.
- Writes orders for medication.
- Initiates and follows up on consultations.
- Provide care of infant, pediatric, and adolescent patients relative to determining each patient’s age related and other physical, psycho-social and cultural needs and carrying out patient care activities.
- Identifies and records pertinent progress of patients, updates charts, changes orders when appropriate.
- Counsels patients and families as to preventative care, medical problems, psychological problems, and use of prescribed treatment and drugs.
- Assist with phone coverage as required.
- Provide oversight of nursing staff.
- Performs evaluation of Nurses in conjunction with Administrator.
- Regularly participate in various relevant educational programs to ensure both technical and professional competence are maintained.
- Ensure therapeutic environment is maintained and infection control procedures are followed.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Must have license/certification for the state of Alabama.
Working experience of two or more years as a nurse practitioner.
◾Experience working in a pediatric clinic.
◾Possess current American Heart Association BLS certification.
◾Current State Nurse Practitioner certification.
◾Possess one year technical training or more skills training for certification and licensure.
Payne and Holloway PediatricsWhy Work Here?
Our pediatric practice is truly where little hands color our world now and in the future.
We are a pediatric office providing preventive and medical healthcare to the Montgomery area and surrounding counties.
7006 Fulton CourtMontgomery, AL
HealthcareView all jobs at Payne and Holloway Pediatrics