- Posted: December 04, 2022
The Data Analyst will provide the department with reliable data from trusted source systems that will empower and influence key decision making. The incumbent will suggest improvements to processes. The incumbent will initiate queries on the database using different manipulations to obtain the information needed. Much of the data this position works with is of a sensitive nature and must be safeguarded. The demands of this position require the incumbent to have an intuitive understanding of the systems worked with, including legal processes, and the ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems. This positions customers demand timely and accurate data.
Contract Worker assignments may include providing the following deliverable[s]:
- Manual and automated work in existing and future systems for:
- Implementation of Contract Management System
- Classification of 17,000 contracts and assignment of RVNs
- Automating process and completing reviews of large amounts of data
Incumbent may also be asked to participate in contract and compliance administration activities as described below.
- Conducts analysis of database and information for legal research purposes.
- Ensures the accuracy of the information received, validates data quality, including sources, reliability completeness, validity and uniqueness to maintain the integrity of the process.
- Channels the data to where it is needed, builds queries, and completes Quality Assurance.
- Builds data and reports that enables business leader to make informed decisions.
- Restructures data into usable formats (Excel, Pdf files, etc.) for customers.
- Interfaces with work team to ensure that everyone understands database processes to complete their work assignments.
- Assists in database content, interrelationships on database, interpretation of reports, and so forth. Incumbent must be highly technical.
- Ability to communicate with customers at their level about research results.
- High adaptability in a learning new tools and technologies
- Contract Worker may perform services for the annual FHD RootsTech event as needed.
- Education and Work Experience: BS/BA Degree in Data Science or a related field plus a minimum 2+ years performing single system data validation, quality assessments, and configuration of reports OR no degree w/6 years experience performing single system data validation, quality assessments, and configuration of reports.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel, including the full utilization of these tools.
- Must be able to create and manage data in Excel; from data lookups using the integrated APIs to complex formulas that intelligently summarize data.
- Must have practical experience using fields, content controls, styles, and languages in Word.
- Must be able to build VBA macros in both Word and Excel using the object model (not simply recorded macros).
- Has knowledge of database design principles.
- Understands ETL (Extract, Transform, Load).
- Knowledge of Regular Expressions (RegEx) is highly desirable.
- Has experience in business requirement gathering and process improvement analysis.
- Sees and understands the story the data tells.
- Works with minimal oversight and meets established deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, especially someone who seeks to fully understand a process and then improve upon it through automation.
- Meticulous attention to detail and willingness to learn various legal concepts (previous legal experience not necessary).
- Delivers defined projects with moderate oversight.
- Can problem solve, debug/troubleshoot, design and implements solutions to complex issues.
- Thrives in both team environment and as an individual contributor.
- Manages time with competing priorities.
Only members of the Church who are worthy of a temple recommend qualify for employment. Apart from this, the Church is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on any basis that would violate U.S. or local law.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, gender, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other legally protected categories that apply to the Church. The Church will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at Paychex
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?