Account Executive - Marketing Solutionsin San Joseat PayPal
Date Posted: 8/5/2019
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Job Type:
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 8/5/2019
- Job ID: R0047656
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The PayPal Marketing Solutions team is an exciting new effort within PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) to enable the world's leading e-commerce Enterprises to build engaging upper-funnel experiences that lead to revenue uplifts and increased customer retention.
We are looking for a highly motivated Enterprise Account Executive to join our talented team to help retain and grow our relationships with Merchants utilizing these solutions.
As an Account Executive, you are passionate about understanding business goals for each customer and are capable of working with the relevant internal and external parties to meet and exceed customer expectations. Serving a global book of business, you will be required to be a customer expert that can identify new opportunities that will drive incremental revenue and long-term growth within each of your managed accounts. You will also need to possess strong analytical and relationship-building abilities to work opportunities through the various deal stages.
As a member of the sales team you should be passionate about educating existing customers on PPMS' innovative technology and its ability to transform their businesses.
- Become a knowledgeable resource on Jetlore and the new suite of PayPal Shopping Solutions
- Maintain and grow relationships with recently onboarded merchants
- Help assess/develop custom plans to sustain and grow existing customers
- Consistently surpass merchant expectations with a consultative and educational approach to optimizing performance
- Continually analyze and recommend new strategies and best practices to bolster performance for managed accounts
- Work across internal and external business units to plan, grow and trouble shoot marketing programs
- Run quarterly business reviews with each managed merchant account reviewing integration, performance, and potential improvements
- 5+ years of sales and marketing experience
- 3+ years of successful experience selling digital marketing or digital experience solutions (preferably SaaS solutions) to CMOs, Marketing Directors and VPs in the retail and travel industries
- Proven track record of closing deals worth $100k+ in ARR with exceptional record of meeting and exceeding quota in enterprise software sales
- Solid understanding of the automated marketing space, especially as it pertains to the retail and e-commerce industry
- A consistent track record of signing large enterprise-level customers and demonstrated history of exceeding quota
- A stable track record of success working for fast-growing software companies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey issues clearly, and concisely
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis (up to 50% travel time)
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university
- Discipline at execution, both tactical and strategic
- Customer-focused and relationship builder
- Proven record of driving collaboration amongst teams and resolving conflict between diverse stakeholder groups
- Problem-solver mindset. Focus on outcome over output. Results-oriented
- Ability to see "big picture" and to prioritize
- Executive presence, strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive - must thrive in a dynamic environment
- Technical aptitude required. Experience with software development desired
- Finance knowledge & experience preferred
- Experience building, leading and retaining high-performing teams, either in a direct or indirect/matrixed capacity
- Self-starter; proactive with ability to work autonomously and within a team
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.