Mobile Software Engineer
PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company built to improve the ways that state and local government agencies interact and transact with their customers. Our modern solutions make it easy for agencies to become more efficient in their operations and achieve their missions.
PayIt consolidates software and payments into a connected customer experience experience and enables our clients to drive trust and satisfaction among their customers. PayIt solutions address state/provincial and local use cases, serving tax authorities, courts, motor vehicle departments, and conservation agencies. This innovative approach to government service delivery has garnered significant recognition in both the public and private sectors, including our inclusion in the GovTech 100 every year since 2017.
Our culture welcomes people who exhibit what we call "PayIt DNA": High integrity, drive, grit, high aptitude, and team orientation. We are collaborative and passionate about the work we do to improve the lives of our government clients and the end users they serve. We have ambitious scaling goals, and we look for team members who are ready to roll up their sleeves, solve problems, and find new opportunities to win with our clients. And we have a lot of fun together.
This role is ideally based in Kansas City or Nashville, but highly-qualified remote candidates from the following markets will be considered as well (NC, TX, MO, KS, GA, VA, PA, UT, FL, TN, MI, IL, and OH).
While Engineering team members are not required to work full-time onsite, they are expected to be available to get together for sprint planning purposes and team-building activities.
What You'll Be Doing:
As a Mobile Software Engineer on our Outdoors Team, you will be an integral part of our success. Our Mobile Software Engineers work closely with clients and the rest of our Product Organization to architect and implement mobile technology solutions using agile methodologies. You will be responsible for developing, unit testing, troubleshooting, monitoring, and debugging mobile applications for our state government clients.
- Develop high-quality code for PayIt's Outdoors suite of products.
- Perform code reviews for other team members.
- Apply best practices to code development, including developing unit tests and applying secure coding techniques.
- Work closely with the scrum team, participating in all scrum ceremonies.
- Contribute to decisions made regarding effort and complexity of development tasks.
- Mentor junior developers.
What You'll Need to Have:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of React Native experience
- REST API development
- Experience publishing apps to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Strong interpersonal skills
Bonus Points For:
- Xamarin Forms, C#
- Native iOS and Android development
- Firebase Crashlytics and App Distribution
- CI/CD experience using Azure DevOps
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- A love for the outdoors and outdoor activities
Why Work For Us:
- Our mission matters. Your work will make life better for our government agency clients and the millions of residents they serve.
- You'll do some of the best work of your career here. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and you'll grow a ton working at PayIt
- People are our most important resource. Everyone has a voice. Collaboration is our default setting. And we have fun together.
- We #payitforward with our corporate volunteer program, serving the communities where we work and live.
- Competitive salaries, excellent benefits, flexible working arrangements, and all the resources you will need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
We hire high aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship in the United States at this time. Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship are also encouraged to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers' alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Stay Current on PayIt Happenings: Follow Us On Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt's Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.
TechnologyView All PayIt Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.