Quality Assurance Manager
Pax Aero Solutions LLC California, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $30 to $40 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
ENSURE THAT PROCESSES NEEDED FOR THE QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (QMS) ARE ESTABLISHED, IMPLEMENTED, AND MAINTAINED.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities will include quality training, performing internal audits, maintaining, and updating quality certifications, managing corrective action activities, developing and communicating quality goals, gathering and analyzing performance metrics, managing the AS9100 Quality Management System (QMS), and acting as the company's quality management representative with customers, suppliers, auditors, and regulatory agencies.
Other responsibilities include:
· Work collaboratively with company project leads and organizational representatives to provide quality support in the design, fabrication, assembly, integration, and test of systems, parts, and components.
· Ensure application of appropriate standards throughout company operations and that project and process control documentation is compliant with requirements.
· Work directly with customers to support quality requirements.
· Lead all internal and 3rd party audits.
· Manage quality metrics, trends, and activities to improve cost, quality, and schedule performance.
· Develop quality plans by conducting analyses, identifying critical control points and preventive measures, establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures, and monitoring inventory quality.
· Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends including corrective actions, failed processes, recalls, return merchandise and re-validations.
· Conduct periodic reviews of manufacturing and quality systems and create improvement cycles based on performance results. Interface with purchasing, engineering, and manufacturing/operations to ensure customer requirements and specifications are flowed down to products and services.
· Support the analysis of supplier performance metrics to recommend supplier approval/selection and sourcing decisions.
· Support the company quality performance rating process to continually improve customer satisfaction.
· Investigate customer complaints. Support manufacturing and quality project planning and scheduling to assure a seamless execution and delivery of products and services.
· Support procedure development, quality task sequences, planning and workflow for fabrication, assembly, integration, test, and shipping/receiving.
· Update and maintain the Approved Vendor List.
· Ensure there is appropriate flow down of all requirements to our vendors.
· Monitor and inspect machined and fabricated parts to ensure compliance with design drawings using tooling such as calipers, micrometers, rulers, scales, etc.
· Performing continuous inspections on all fabricated parts to ensure consistent quality products.
· Complete travelers and QA documentation for all parts after they have been inspected.
· Perform other duties as are necessary and/or required.
· High school Diploma and 7-10 year’s relevant work experience, with experience in ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality / Quality Management.
· Maintain the highest level of commitment to quality, compliance, and internal controls in adherence to company values and ethics.
· Leverage comprehensive metrics based on customer and employee feedback to assess performance and risks.
· Understanding of the program / product lifecycle in the areas of new business pursuit, design, supply chain management, receiving operations, inventory control, production control, product test evaluation, reliability, root cause analysis, product sell off, and/or shipping and product support as they apply to quality.
· Ability to self-manage, set priorities, demonstrate follow-through, and effectively communicate at all levels of an organization.
· Experience and knowledge with using tooling such as calipers, micrometers, rulers, etc.
PAS is a design, fabrication and integration company specializing in quick turnaround designs, rapid prototyping of new technologies and integration into a wide range of air, surface and land based platforms.
Our experienced Design Team takes the idea and specifications from the customer and translates that idea to a practical and operational solution.
Pax Aero Solutions LLCWhy Work Here?
Great people to work with and a great place to learn.
Pax Aero Solutions (PAS) is a Native American owned small business based out of St. Mary’s County Airport in California, MD, approximately seven miles from the Naval Air Station, in Patuxent River, MD. The airport is publicly owned and has a single 4150 foot runway. PAS operates out of a 7,600 square foot hangar with a machine / fabrication shop. PAS is a design, fabrication and integration company specializing in quick turnaround designs, rapid prototyping of new technologies and integration into a wide range of air, surface and land based platforms. Our experienced Design Team takes the idea and specifications from the customer and translates that idea to a practical and operational solution.
44183 Airport Rd. CaliforniaCalifornia, MD