Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer and respond to all incoming calls on assigned queues which include questions about terms of the contract, change of address, property tax, changes in bank account information for ACH, payoffs, past due invoices, interim rent, misc. fees, proof of insurance, payment schedule, payment histories, End of Year Statements, next payment dates and purchase options.
- Communicate with Spanish speaking customers by taking incoming calls and/or making outgoing calls regarding delinquent payments and/or fees.
- Sort and deliver mail to the appropriate parties (payments to the A/R Administrative Assoc. are priority).
- Make edit changes which include address changes for customer, billing & personal guarantors.
- Fax, mail or email ACH forms, invoices and documentation to customers upon request.
- Pull credit bureaus upon request for 30 Day Collectors and for Advanced as needed.
- Process credit references as authorized by the customer.
- Receive and review all incoming correspondence by fax and forward to appropriate parties upon receipt.
- Answer and return customer service requests made via email, website or phone within 24 hours.
- Process return mail by looking up contract numbers and noting the contract numbers and collector initials on the correspondence. Deliver to the Advanced and 30 Day AR Administrative Associates.
- Assist with pay off questions and balances.
- Assist with payment arrangements on past due accounts and collect fees on accounts in conjunction with customer’s monthly payments.
- Maintain and update accurate account records, including accurate notes in Dollar$ for every account activity or conversation held.
- Forward files to the A/R Supervisor upon notification of a problem.
- Scan, email or fax documentation (addendums, copies of contracts, name change addendums, modification requests, transfers & etc.) to customers upon request and into ecopy.
- Scan documentation into the contracts in ecopy (addendums, letters, requests from customers & etc.) at a minimum of two times a week.
- Shred files that are 90 days old after ensuring they are scanned into ecopy during the first week of every month.
- Maintain daily and monthly performance standards set by management.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Assist the A/R Administrative Assoc. with sending letters certified or overnight as needed.
- Assist the A/R Administrative Assoc. with preparing Bill of Sales, General Releases, releasing UCC’s and overnighting titles as needed.
- As time permits assist Insurance department with looking up contract numbers for incoming faxes and mail.
- As time permits assist the Insurance department with data entry of insurance policies and filing any insurance correspondence.
- As time permits assist the Insurance department with scanning needs.
- Assist with collection on outstanding fees, as time allows.
- Assist other department employees with any tasks needing completion.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- Minimum of one (1) years collections experience in a commercial/consumer industry is preferred but not required.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of HIPAA guidelines, FDCPA and FCRA regulations, and the credit approval process.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel applications, email, and basic internet usage.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal/internal customer service skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest and percentages.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks efficiently with little direct guidance, rapidly adapt to changing environment and possess strong work ethics.
- Demonstrate persuasion, negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Account Receivable department and across the organization.
- Ability to accept responsibility for assigned tasks/projects and complete them on schedule.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
- Ability to communicate information efficiently and succinctly both verbally and in written form.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced office work environment.
- Mid to high-level stress.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time (frequently).
- Requires answering multiple phone lines.
- Requires periodic walking primarily on a level surface through out the workday.
- Requires reaching continually throughout the workday (mouse, keyboard, telephone).
- May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on a regular basis. Proper lifting techniques required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office, accounting, Dollar$ operating system, CRM and information retrieval software applications.
- Mouse and keyboard.
- Telephone headset (occasionally).
- Facsimile (occasionally).
- Zeacom software with multi-line telephone and voice mail.
- Copy machine with scanner and printer.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Powered by JazzHR