Sr. Mechanical Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for the experienced mechanical design engineer to develop high density computational storage platforms for the enterprise and data center deployment.
Responsibilities include end to end mechanical design including, but not limited to:
- Provide mechanical engineering expertise in the design and development of server and storage products including understanding of the mechanical requirements, detailed mechanical designs, hands-on development of mechanical sub-assemblies and platforms, sheet metal parts, electronic rack, chassis, circuit cards and cable assemblies.
- Provide mechanical engineering expertise in the areas of fabrication, material selection, DFM, DFT and thermal / structural analyses of hardware sub-assemblies and complete systems.
- Mechanical support for NPI, production, and sustaining programs as well as DVT and compliance testing.
- BSME /MSME with 10 + yeas of industry experience with emphasis on Mechanical Design, Analysis and Product Development of mission critical electronic equipment and multi blades Server/Storage systems for 19" and OCP open rack architectures.
- Hands-on expert level experience with MCAD (SolidWorks / Creo Pro/E), SolidWorks preferred
- Full understanding of the Product Development process from conceptual design through product delivery.
- Experience in thermal analysis with the understanding of Flotherm Computational Fluid Dynamics tool and simulation results for thermal modeling of electronic components.
- Experienced in structural mechanical analysis including stress, failure, shock, and vibration for the purposes of selecting materials, assessing risks and determining the robustness of system design
- Hands-on experience in Bills of Material (BOM) generation and release of technical data packages, and engineering change processes.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively within a product development and manufacture teams as well as ability to manage external suppliers.
Excellent documentation and communication skills
Pavilion Data Systems
AddressSan Jose, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Pavilion Data Systems