QA MANAGER, IT (REMOTE)
Paula's Choice, LLC Roseland, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
Paula’s Choice is Your Right Choice!
Paula’s Choice Skincare is a multinational brand that is 25 years strong! Our vision is to empower and enable people around the world with highly effective products and in-depth knowledge to achieve their own definition of beautiful. We question ingredients, follow the facts and stand up for the customer, because we’re in this journey together.
How you’ll have an impact at Paula’s Choice:
The QA Manager is a critical role in our global expansion. Working with our global architectural and software development teams in the US, as well as regional development vendors in AMER, APAC and EMEA, this role will drive standard testing protocols for security, consistency, and quality. The role will work with our IT Leadership Team to develop and maintain our PC Platform, most notably our Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), NetSuite OneWorld, and Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) code base with local integrations.
This new role will be critical in establishing world class policies and procedures to keep us consistent, safe and thorough. The role will lead a QA team of SDETs to expand automation, build test plans, and expand our test case base.
The successful candidate will be a servant leader in our culture of “yes”. They will be detail oriented, yet people over process focused. They will lead from the front as we continue to grow our global footprint.
As a QA Manager, a typical day might include a mix of the following:
- Drive day-to-day executions of software quality assurance by leading the internal team of four SDETs, to ship high quality releases on time in an agile, continuous improvement methodology
- Direct the development, implementation and continuous improvement of test approaches/procedures and quality management programs.
- Establish and drive adoption of the test automation framework which includes automated test tools, performance testing and techniques that drive quality and efficiency
- Define test planning process, test estimation, quality gates, metrics KPI’s and governance for Agile projects
- Ensure test strategy and status reviews are completed for major projects
- Evaluate test data for trends and potential process improvement
- Coordinates and coaches project teams regarding proper test procedure, review techniques for testing, test case definition, use Quality Center, test automation, load and performance tests etc. •
- Establish and report metrics for major projects, automation percentages, and performance testing
- Identify and mitigate quality risks that will directly impact project timelines and deliverables
- Champion, promote and continuously evaluate quality management initiatives and programs
- Monitor effectiveness of quality strategies and programs. Initiate improvements as necessary.
- Oversee "health of site" KPI's such as latency/load times and outages, for desktop, mobile, and tablet.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your manager
Location: We are based in Seattle, but open to this role being fully remote
Hours: Typical business hours, will require some flexibility outside of those hours (including 24/7 support rotation)
Physical requirements: Must be able to both sit for long periods of time and handle long periods of screen time
Travel requirements: NA
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 7+ years of IT experience
- 4+ leading a software quality assurance team
- 5+ years of experience in e-commerce (manufacturing background a plus)
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale e-commerce applications and marketing platforms.
- 5+ years of experience with agile methodologies.
- 5+ years of experience testing mobile website UX/UIs
- Superior communication skills with external & internal business partners and development teams
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with urgency to mitigate blockers. May need to involve key partners such as: customer service team, digital marketing, creative and brand teams
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented, entrepreneurial environment
- Fast learner, confident communicator, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment (resourceful, hands-on, able to sense urgency)
- Demonstrated leadership skills, passion, ability to learn and adapt, and team skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills for data-driven decision making
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Web & API qualification and automation
- Automation planning, execution, and triage for projects on multiple Platforms
- Proven track record of attracting, hiring, motivating and develop the best quality-minded individuals
- Working knowledge of Sales Force Commerce Cloud
- Working knowledge of NetSuite OneWorld or other ERP applications
- Clear understanding of Project Management Methodologies –Agile, Scrum, Adaptive
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in e-commerce, software development, and software testing
- Proven track record of maturing and streamlining software testing processes
What can help you really stand out:
- Background in skincare, personal care, cosmetics or a related industry strongly preferred
- Experience with migrating a business to NetSuite OneWorld a plus
- Experience with migrating a site to Salesforce Commerce Cloud a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
What we offer you:
- A robust benefits package including health, vision, dental, retirement and more
- Flexible spending account, Employee assistance program
- Fitness perks, meditation app membership and more
- Product samples and discounts
- Generous PTO
- Great location – we’re in the heart of Seattle’s beautiful International District
- Exceptional environment – we work hard and celebrate our accomplishments. You might catch our teams volunteering, at Mariner’s games or connecting at happy hours
- Did we mention we’re a dog-friendly office?
Paula’s Choice is committed to diversity! Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We hope you agree. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering people to achieve their own definition of beautiful, Paula’s Choice could be a wonderful fit for you.
Note: At any time, with or without notice, Paula’s Choice reserves the right to add/delete/change the position’s requirements.
Paula's Choice, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Paula's Choice, LLC