IT DIRECTOR, AMER (REMOTE)
Paula's Choice, LLC Roseland, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
Paula’s Choice is Your Right Choice!
Paula’s Choice Skincare is a multinational brand that is 25 years strong! Our vision is to empower and enable people around the world with highly effective products and in-depth knowledge to achieve their own definition of beautiful. We question ingredients, follow the facts and stand up for the customer, because we’re in this journey together.
How you’ll have an impact at Paula’s Choice:
The IT Director for AMER is a critical role in our global expansion. The role will work with our headquarters team to develop and maintain the standards and patterns of our PC Platform, most notably our Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), NetSuite OneWorld, and Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) code base with local integrations. As well, the IT Director will manage US IT resources and external vendors to provide technical, project, systems, and inventory support to the Paula’s Choice’s users and infrastructure.
This new role will be critical in establishing world class policies and procedures to keep us consistent, safe and thorough. It is expansive in covering front end ecommerce, backend systems and services, project management, cybersecurity, infrastructure and end user support.
The successful candidate will be a servant leader in our culture of “yes”. They will be detail oriented, yet people over process focused. They will lead from the front as we continue to grow our global footprint.
As IT Director, AMER, a typical day might include a mix of the following:
- Partner with the CIO to define global IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Work closely with CIO and AMER stakeholders to prioritize quarterly initiatives.
- Own all AMER IT functions, including the following: Office 365, Azure, SSO, SaaS applications, etc., supporting our 24x7 ecommerce enterprise.
- Develop, monitor and maintain systems, standards, and infrastructure to support Paula’s Choice offices and staff throughout the AMER region.
- Manage project deliverables and responsibilities, vendor management, contract negotiation, budgets, and be the subject matter expert on company IT services and applications in the AMER region.
- Working with the PC Security Architect, ensure IT systems meet all requirements for data security. (GDPR, CCPA, PII, PCI, etc.)
- Drive day-to-day executions by leading internal development as well as external agencies, to ship high quality releases on time in an Agile, continuous improvement methodology
- Manage and protect the SFCC master front end code base as well as back end services and ESB code base for global adoption and local performance.
- Oversee "health of site" KPI's such as latency/load times and outages, for desktop, mobile, and tablet.
- Troubleshoot website functionalities and find solutions while working with tight deadlines
- Work as the point of escalation, supporting in country teams to address revenue and customer experience blockers.
- Defining product specifications and functioning scopes for infrastructure support in AMER (encompassing hardware and software) to ensure that solutions meet the needs of customers and stakeholders.
- Lead the PC AMER IT team of approximately 20+ employees, aligning a diverse remote staff with company goals and objectives. Today's organization includes the following departments: Back End Systems Development, Front End Systems Development, Data Warehouse, Program Management, Infrastructure, and Service Desk teams.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your manager
Location: We are based in Seattle, but open to this role being remote
Hours: Typically, regular business hours, but some flexibility and extended hours required
Physical requirements: Ability to both sit for long periods of time & handle long periods of screen time
Travel requirements: Up to 20%, domestic travel
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 10+ years of IT experience
- 6+ years in a leadership role
- 5+ years experience in e-commerce, retail
- 5+ years of experience in e-commerce (cosmetics background is preferable but not required)
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale e-commerce applications and marketing platforms.
- 5+ years of experience with agile methodologies.
- 5+ years of experience designing mobile application UX/UIs
- Superior communication skills with external & internal business partners and development teams
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with urgency to mitigate blockers. May need to involve key partners such as: customer service team, digital marketing, creative and brand teams
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented, entrepreneurial environment
- Fast learner, confident communicator, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment (resourceful, hands-on, able to sense urgency)
- Demonstrated leadership skills, passion, ability to learn and adapt, and team skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills for data-driven decision making
- Working knowledge of Sales Force Commerce Cloud
- Working knowledge of NetSuite OneWorld or other ERP applications
- Clear understanding of Project Management Methodologies –Agile, Scrum, Adaptive
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in e-commerce, software development, disaster recovery / business continuity, security and IT infrastructure (PC & Mac, Server, Network, etc.)
- Proven track record of maturing and streamlining IT systems and processes (i.e.. employee onboarding/offboarding, software/hardware provisioning, etc.)
What can help you really stand out:
- Background in skincare, personal care, cosmetics or a related industry strongly preferred
- Experience with migrating a site to NetSuite OneWorld a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
What we offer you:
- A robust benefits package including health, vision, dental, retirement and more
- Flexible spending account, Employee assistance program
- Fitness perks, meditation app membership and more
- Product samples and discounts
- Generous PTO
- Great location – we’re in the heart of Seattle’s beautiful International District
- Exceptional environment – we work hard and celebrate our accomplishments. You might catch our teams volunteering, at Mariner’s games or connecting at happy hours
- Did we mention we’re a dog-friendly office?
Paula’s Choice is committed to diversity! Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We hope you agree. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering people to achieve their own definition of beautiful, Paula’s Choice could be a wonderful fit for you.
Note: At any time, with or without notice, Paula’s Choice reserves the right to add/delete/change the position’s requirements.
Paula's Choice, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Paula's Choice, LLC