Senior Sales Representative
Patterson-UTI Dallas, TX
- Posted: 28 days ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Integrity / Insight / Innovation
Guided by integrity and insight gained over 40 years, Universal is consistently delivering exceptional results to our customers. We take great pride in our commitment to safety, efficiency, and innovation leading to continued improvements in well performance.
The Senior Sales Representative is responsible for cross-selling Company products and services to the existing customer base, as well as potential new customers; developing and maintaining sales-focused relationships with current customers and potential customers; working collaboratively with Operations to understand activity levels, utilization, and other factors impacting the area for which they are responsible. Primary goal of the position is to position Universal as a market leader within the industry. This position works under the direction of the regional Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Develop strong, long-lasting relationships and contact customer decision-makers to generate business for Universal through regular visits and communication
- Have an immediate impact on Universal by increasing revenue by relying on operator network and personal industry reputation
- Prepare written reports, financial forecasts, cost benefit analysis, solution-oriented presentations, and sales and price quotations to compete for customer business
- Ensure systematic delivery and resolution of customer inquiries and information gathered about customer satisfaction to the appropriate Company personnel/departments
- Develop, demonstrate, and deliver value cases for different levels of customer, including assessing potential application of Company products or services, and offer solutions that meet customer needs
- Understand customers completion schedules to ensure Universal maintains full utilization of each service line.
- Work directly with Operations to understand operational challenges, equipment utilization, competitive advantages, growth strategy and customer satisfaction to exceed customer expectations
- Work with Universal’s PTEN+ performance metrics group to continue to develop and track performance data for customers’ Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reviews
- Develop positive relationships with employees at all levels within Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Product Development, and other departments as needed
- Use technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales
- Communicate customer feedback into future product developments
- Represent the Company in the marketplace through various industry organizations (SPE, AADE, YPE, IADC, etc.), participation in trade shows, product seminars, sales meetings, and other industry events
- Keep well-informed on current industry trends, opportunities, products, and competitive issues
- Position Universal as a market leader within the Industry
- Ensure that each ticket is signed, invoiced, and paid timely according to the bid and scope of work
- Represent the Company and our values with integrity while maintaining the highest ethical and legal standards with all interactions
- Adhere to the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Excellent business prospecting skills and strong negotiation skills
- Strong relationship builder
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and written report preparation
- Possess intermediate computer skills in Microsoft (MS) Office and working knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication) using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals, to make job related calculations
- Ability to function in a high-pressure environment, and to respond well to a high level of stress
- Ability to travel as needed to other offices and work sites, occasionally requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area
- Ability to work weekends and/or additional hours that are needed to complete specific job tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, Marketing, or a related field of study
- 7+ years’ experience in Sales/Business Development
- Experience in Oil & Gas industry, preferably fracturing
- Must have and maintain valid state-issued driver’s license, be eligible to drive a Company vehicle and meet the requirements of the Company’s vehicle program, policy and/or guidelines
- Master’s Degree/MBA in Business Management, Engineering, Marketing, or a related field of study
- Sales experience in the Oil & Gas industry, preferably in fracturing
- Experience in a position of management
The Senior Sales Representative must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties. Work is primarily in a climate controlled / office environment with minimal safety / health hazard potential. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, or walk with occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, and frequent near vision use for reading and use of computer, telephone, and other office equipment.
We have a fleet of fit for purpose land-based drilling rigs and significant pressure pumping horsepower, as well as a leading position in directional drilling and wellbore placement services that are positioned in the most active plays throughout the U.S. With headquarters in Houston, Texas, and regional offices throughout our operating areas, let’s team up to advance your business.
Patterson-UTIWhy Work Here?
THE OILFIELD IS CALLING — YOUR CAREER STARTS NOW You will work with industry leaders, skilled engineers, and trained operators.
Patterson-UTI (NASDAQ: PTEN) pushes the boundaries of innovation so you can embrace new possibilities. With expertise and scale in major operational areas, we provide a diverse network of drilling and pressure pumping services, directional drilling, rental equipment, and technology to forge your path to success. Our oilfield solutions deliver results that lead your business into the next generation of oil and gas. We have a fleet of fit for purpose land-based drilling rigs and significant pressure pumping horsepower, as well as a leading position in directional drilling and wellbore placement services that are positioned in the most active plays throughout the U.S. With headquarters in Houston, Texas, and regional offices throughout our operating areas, let’s team up to advance your business.