Shovel and Drill Field Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Technician performs maintenance on a fleet of Loading and Drilling equipment at an open pit gold mine. Work performed will be on shovels and drills, done from a service truck with dispatch type of communication.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
· Repair and maintain a fleet of mining equipment to include shovels, excavators, drills, loaders, and graders.
· Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic problems accurately.
· Work efficiently to reduce equipment downtime.
· Ensure a safe work environment for self and others. Follow customer’s site-specific and MSHA safety programs and conform the customers cardinal rules.
· Provide a complete daily service report electronic documentation and distribute to supervisors before end of shift.
· Perform daily inspections on company vehicles and track vehicle mileage to and from job sites.
· Meet performance expectations, and communication requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
· Skilled at troubleshooting, diagnosis, information gathering, communicating with operators, testing and adjusting hydraulic, electric, air systems to OEM specifications.
· Must have experience working in the mining industry.
· Must have experience working on CAT, Volvo, Hitachi, Epiroc, I.R., and various other equipment.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to weld, cut, and grind as needed.
· Ability to understand and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to work on a team and have a high regard for quality, environmental, and safety.
· Maintain a positive attitude, work well with your cross shift.
· Ability to thrive under pressure and be able to work during extreme weather conditions.
· Must be able to physically get to any part of machine, safely, for service.
· Must be able to push/pull/lift 50 pounds.
· Must be able to work 12hour shifts, 7 days a week, on day or night shift.
High school diploma or GED
· 3-5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Vocational/technical training in a field service position is preferred.
Required Certifications or Licenses:
· A valid driver’s license is required.
· Mine Safety Training (MSHA) is required.
· Background check
· Must pass pre-employment physical & drug/alcohol screening
Patterson Field Services, LLC
We are a small, but growing business, that provides a variety of heavy equipment repair and maintenance services to meet the needs of our customers. Our customers range from small construction operations to large mining corporations. Some of the services we provide include, contracted labor, hourly repair service, component rebuilds, and a routine maintenance program. We also subcontract for other specialized needs such as welding/fabricating, and line boring. Our goal is to take care of the customer by providing excellent service and ultimately reducing equipment downtime.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Patterson Field Services, LLC