Sonar Testing Technician
Patrona Corporation is looking for motivated individuals ready to join a fast-paced and exciting work environment and want to support the Navy’s Submarine Acoustic’s Systems Program Office in the Team Submarine organization as a Sonar Testing Technician. The ideal candidate would be a former Navy Sonar Technician or Junior Combat Systems Officer.
Patrona Corporation is a DoD federal contractor providing program management, engineering, strategic and operational planning, quality assurance, financial management, and administrative support services.
- This position requires working in a Contractor Owned/Government Operated facility in Manassas, VA and allows minimal opportunity to Telework.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) personnel security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in any engineering discipline OR qualified equivalent education and experience.
- 3 years professional experience in engineering, technical, operations or maintenance of sonar/acoustics systems and equipment.
- Experience with/on U.S. Navy Ships, Navy Programs, or Operations.
- Prior certification or ability to become certified as a Sonar Test Director a plus.
- Experience in Automation Testing – programming, execution, and analysis a plus.
- Familiarity with programs and tools such as: JIRA/Linux/TestRail/MATLAB desired.
- Familiarity with Submarine Sonar Systems (ARCI/APB/TI) and sonar theory a plus.
- Coordinates and executes Sonar and Acoustic Systems test events and operational demonstrations.
- Supports Sonar and Acoustic Systems software testing, engineering, and development.
- Provides Test and Integration support in lab, OEM, and shipboard actual and/or simulated environments.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, procedural compliance, and the ability to manage multiple duties simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in collaborative teams, and to adjust schedule to address workload demands and meet deadlines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
TechnologyView All Patrona Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.