Help Desk Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Patrona Corporation is a small business founded in 2005. Patrona has a history of providing programmatic, technical/engineering, logistics, quality, and administrative support primarily to the U.S. Navy.
Patrona has an immediate opening for a Help Desk Technician. As a Help Desk Technician, you will provide technical assistance to computer system users in our Dover, NH office. We will look for you to answer questions or resolve computer problems for users in person, via telephone, and remotely. There may be times when you will be asked to provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. The full list of responsibilities is below.
If you are looking for a position that can utilize your current experience with networks, domains, user accounts and asset management and enjoy working in a team environment while providing you the opportunity to grow and learn new skills, this position may be for you. We are looking for someone who is organized, motivated and looking to be part of our team in Dover, NH.
Security Clearance/COVID Vaccination
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET personnel security clearance.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience with multiple information technology areas (networks, configuration management, security, operating systems, software) and experience with both Windows and Linux computer platforms, handheld devices/smartphones, and networking.
- Endpoint management experience (Active Directory, Configuration Manager, InTune, Azure, or comparable systems)
- Experience with:
- Installation and configuration of desktop, laptops, IT peripherals, and printers
- Enterprise Networks, Domains, and Active Directory
- Imaging desktops/laptops with Windows Operating System
- Setting up user profiles on desktops/laptops
- Mapping network shared drives on users’ desktop/laptops
- Asset Management inventory systems
- Antivirus and Spam software
- Experience managing Microsoft Cloud, Office365, Azure, Desktop Support, VMware
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to lift to 35 pounds
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, researches, and resolves hardware and software problems in a multiple platform environment
- Provide on-site Level 1 Helpdesk support
- Monitor and respond to technical support requests in a timely and effective manner
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Provide technical support including end-user training and documentation
- Manage User Accounts and Permissions
- Provide technical assistance to user support by answering calls to the Helpdesk, opening and managing Helpdesk trouble tickets, analyze issues, execute solutions, escalate unresolved problems, and track issues to completion
- Supports installation, administration, and troubleshooting for hardware services (such as personal computers, printers, routers, switches) as well as technical support structures (such as telco racks, power management, cabling, etc.)
- Assist with the maintenance (installation, troubleshooting, upgrading) of all corporate applications (e.g., MS Office Suite, Adobe, Navy Applications, etc.).
- Identifying and remediating system security vulnerabilities
- Analysis and research into technology solutions to the company’s challenges, recommendation of such solutions, and implementation of those solutions
- Interfacing and collaborating with external partners, including consultants and vendors
- Maintain current knowledge of existing technologies through ongoing research and training.
- Assist in keeping IT inventory, hardware maintenance database, and other IT tools current and accurate
- Image new and existing desktop/laptops with customized image
- Transfer files from old devices being replaced onto new devices
- Add workstation to domain and map network shared drives
- Physically disconnect old equipment and set up new computer workstations and local printers
- Configure and test IT equipment to ensure devices are functioning
- Prepare old equipment for excess and update inventory accordingly
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including on an on-call basis to respond to off-hours support issues.
- Other job duties and projects as assigned
- CompTIA Network+ or CCNA
- CompTIA Security+
TechnologyView all jobs at Patrona Corporation