Florida Rock & Tank Lines Inc., a division of Patriot Transportation, Inc., is a southeastern transportation company concentrating in hauling by motor carrier of liquid petroleum products and dry bulk commodities. We currently have an opening for a Terminal Manager in our Augusta, GA and Savannah, GA location. The TM will be responsible for about 29 drivers and office staff within both locations. Driver-Management Experience Required!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible and accountable for the overall profitability, financial soundness, safety and operational development of trucking terminal.
• Directs and coordinates activities of terminal; confers with subordinate management in formulating administrative and operational policies & procedures.
• Ensures optimum use of equipment, facilities, personnel and training.
• Analyses financial and operations reports to determine requirements for increasing profits and assists upper and subordinate management in the development of annual budgets.
• Approves requisitions for equipment, materials and supplies within limits of operations budget.
• Enforces strict compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, governmental and environmental policies. Directs investigations into causes of customer or shipper complaints.
• Regularly reviews operational records, reports, manuals, company directives and government regulations to detect deviations from operational practices and prepares directives to eliminate infractions.
• Reviews shipper’s accounts to identify problems, such as overdue accounts
• Responsible to assure shop maintenance/operations are in compliance with internal company policy for maintenance, housekeeping, and safety. Preventative maintenance on all equipment must be maintained and coordinated to stay within company guidelines.
• On-call 24/7 for Terminal/Dispatch support.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong oral presentation skills required
• Strong to intermediate computer skills.
• Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and exercise independent discretion and judgment.
DRIVER MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education and Work Experience:
• Minimum 2 years transportation and/or fuel experience required
• 4 year college degree preferred, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must take and pass drug tests and physical exams as required.
Patriot Transportation Holding, Inc. and Florida Rock and Tank Lines, Inc.
Why Work Here?Patriot Transportation Holding, Inc, a parent company of Florida Rock and Tank Lines, Inc (FRTL) is a common carrier of petroleum products. We provide service for all of the Southeastern United States. FRTL has a strong culture that promotes training and safety from the top down. To learn more about us and view our operating areas, please visit us at www.floridarockandtanklines.com and www.patriottrans.com.
Benefits start at 30 days of employment, strong company culture and ample opportunities for advancement!