The software engineer is responsible for working on Patriot’s software applications by designing, developing, testing and deploying new software features. As a software engineer, responsibilities include, but not limited to, working on projects, delivering features on schedule and collaborating with our highly efficient teams.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Knowledge of application design patterns and object-oriented design
- Experience working with relational databases such as MSSQL, MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with a range of development tools including Visual Studio, Git, ReSharper, etc
- Familiarity with unit testing, Test Driven Development (TDD) and continuous integration
- Problem solving skills, high level of curiosity and acute critical thinking
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of personality types
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and business processes
- Solid understanding of APIs and REST
- Experience in using ORM suites including NHibernate and/or Entity Framework
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Experience developing applications for Payroll or Accounting industries a major plus
SOME OF OUR PERKS INCLUDE:
- Our dynamic workspace boasts current design and development trends--and we want to hear your ideas!
- Patriot’s convenient location is close to shopping, restaurants, and almost anything else you might need.
- Free snacks and coffee are available in our shiny, new kitchenettes.
- Wear what makes you comfortable, including sandals, shorts, and hoodies.
- Adjustable desks allow you to sit, stand, or mix it up.
- Feel appreciated on employee appreciation days and enjoy impromptu celebrations. It could be anything from free lunch at our corn hole tournament, to a celebration of National Popcorn Day, or a chair massage. The surprises just keep coming!
- Our employees are our best recruiters. Any employee who refers a candidate that is hired receives a cash bonus!
- Free company swag, because free stuff is always in style.