Immediate openings for LPNs and RNs for one on one private duty nursing. Currently hiring for pediatric patients. EOE
Electronic charting and weekly pay!
Call our office to setup an immediate interview! (865)234-7007
You can also apply online www.patriot-homecare.com (apply now is on the far right tab at the top)
Sign On Bonus and Benefits Available!!!
SUMMARY: The skilled nurse will provide nursing care to patients in the home setting. Provide direct and indirect patient care, teach and supervise the patient and/or family to ensure the delivery and continuity of quality care and services.
JOB RESPONSIBLITIES & DUTIES:
• Provide professional nursing care to patients and their families in the home with the emphasis on preventive and rehabilitative care according to company policy, Tennessee Board of Nursing, and any other governing agencies
• Helps to achieve and maintain coordination of care through planning and information exchanges with staff, family, and physicians, and other support/community programs involved in the care of the patient.
• Assists and directs others on maintaining a safe, clean environment for patients and their families.
• Provides leadership and assistance to staff.
• Accountable for other duties as requested.
Major Work Activities:
o Documents patient information on designated form
o Provides skilled nursing services, treatment, and diagnostic and preventative procedures based on the physician’s Plan of Care and the patient’s specialized needs in safe, effective manner.
o Provides preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for the patient’s care and safety.
o Reports to the physician any reaction to treatment, drugs, or changes in the patient’s emotional condition.
o Teaches, supervises, and counsels patients and family members about providing care for the patient at home.
o Administers, instructs and assesses patient’s medication regime with patient and family as prescribed by the physician.
o Reviews and updates the mediation flow sheet when meds are added or changed.
o Completes the order procedures as ordered by the physician.
o Reports to the family and/or physician as necessary, regarding services rendered, problems concerning a patient’s needs and how they can be resolved.
o Promotes a patient’s well-being, maximal independence, and ability to make informed decisions by teaching, counseling, reinforcing patient/family’s knowledge and understanding of disease entity, medications, and self-care skills.
o Completes documentation of patient care and teaching through nurse’s notes in the appropriate and timely manner.
o Complies with appropriate state and government regulations pertaining to the delivery of home care.
o Demonstrates a commitment to the Company’s philosophy, mission statement and policy and procedures.
o Demonstrates cost-effective measures through appropriate use of supplies and resources and time management.
o Assists in the coordination of referral to other services/disciplines and/or community services to meet the needs of the patient.
o Practices safety and infection control measures and principles according to Company policy.
o Instructs and documents teaching of patient and/or family in maintain a safe clean environment.
o Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changing situation.
o Demonstrates leadership skills through problem-solving abilities.
o Respects a patient’s right to privacy and confidentiality.
o Promotes a cooperative working environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team-building concepts.
o Assists with the orientation of new state members when requested.
o Provides professional leadership and judgement for other members of the staff.
o Consults with staff as the need arises.
o Communicates openly and maintains rapport with the family and co-workers.
o Assumes responsibility for completing continuing education offerings.
o Assist the physician and/or registered nurse in performing specialized procedures
o Prepare equipment and materials for treatment
o Observe aseptic technique as required
o Assist the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques
Other Special Considerations: May be exposed to variable environmental conditions within the patient’s home and community. Works in a continually changing work environment. Ability to maintain flexibility and stability in a continually changing and often stressful environment.
1. Must be at least eighteen (18) years old
2. Caring and nurturing concern for helping people
3. Honesty, integrity, patience, and understanding
4. Attend training sessions when required by the company and/or provided by referring agencies and/or the TN Department of Health
5. Driving (Car needed and/or valid driver’s license) IF transporting client
6. Automobile Insurance
7. Ability to lift care recipient and/or operate special equipment
8. Language skills
9. Active licensure in good standing with the State of TN
10. Graduated from an accredited Nursing Program
11. One year clinical/nursing experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse is preferred. Refresher course required for nurse who have not worked as a nurse clinician for five years or more as directed by the State of Tennessee
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a LPN to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the nurse is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The LPN will also be required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to converse on the telephone.
Must be able to perform a thorough physical assessment necessitating the use of visual and auditory processes. Must be able to lift, turn and position patients and/or equipment. Must be able to use patient care supplies, equipment, mechanical devices, and teaching aids in a safe, cost effective manner. Must be able to access varying home environments of patients without assistive devices.
Why Work Here?
Awesome benefits, flexible scheduling, friendly office staff who are always willing to assist!