The Accountant will assist with accounting operations including budget preparation, monthly governmental reporting, and reconciliations. This position will report to the Government Accounting Manager.
· Preparation of monthly budget to actual reports to meet government customer deliverables by vessel and by fiscal year.
· Budget to actual analysis and projections of future costs.
· Review and management of accounts receivable aging for government customers, including follow up with customer of unpaid invoices.
· Reconciliation of A/R subledger to the G/L for unbilled accounts receivable balances for eight vessels.
· Preparation and review of reimbursable crew overtime billing packets.
· Preparation of Invoice Lists upon request from government customers.
· Special accounting projects and research.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
· 3-5 years of work experience required in private or public accounting.
· Understanding of governmental fund accounting a plus.
· Software/Systems experience: Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, and Microsoft Dynamics SL (or similar) accounting system experience desired.
· Heavy use of Microsoft Excel.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to organize, work efficiently, and meet deadlines.
· Ability to function and contribute to a team environment.