Our client, a premier manufacturer of bio-technology solutions has an immediate opening for a VP of Technical Sales. This role will be responsible for driving the sales growth of customers and select distribution partners in the biotech and life science industry. In partnership with the technical and sales team, duties include lead generation, account planning, new account development and/or the expansion of opportunities within existing accounts. The VP of Technical Sales is expected to become proficient with offered products and services using technical, organizational and client knowledge to influence and assist customers in applying products and services to satisfy their needs, resulting in revenue generation and profit growth.
- Plan and carry out all sales activities to develop new business accounts for customers and distribution partners in regard to client’s reciprocating pneumatic business line
- Be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing quality of product and service delivery.
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities within assigned accounts; accurately create and maintain sales forecasts
- Develop and maintain annual sales budget
- Gain insight to customer's business initiatives and challenges and propose solutions to satisfy these needs.
- Define changing market conditions and competitive issues.
- Identify market needs and opportunities, creating a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop a customer base with focus on the fields of pharmaceutical and biotech industry
- Formulate and implement comprehensive account management strategy to meet or exceed all revenue targets
- Build and maintain consultative relationships with senior executives across functional areas within client’s customer base.
- Work closely with associate team members to develop quotes/proposals; communicate concepts to technical and non-technical key decision makers.
- Control expenses and manage time to meet budget guidelines and productivity
- Provide accurate and timely communications to internal and external constituents to include orders forecast, new business opportunities, pricing, technical application details, etc.
- Represent client at industry shows and customer events.
- Collect and analyze market information
- Maintain accurate records and reports on sales activities
- Submit travel reports to management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or Technical field preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of proven capital equipment technical sales experience with 3 years in a leadership capacity.
- Demonstrated life sciences, pharmaceutical and/or bio-technology industry knowledge is strongly desired.
- Experience in the sales and/or engineering of biotechnology automation and control solutions is strongly desired.
- Proven track record of delivering sales results while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Possess high degree of leadership and ability to influence cross-functionally.
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative, anticipate and prevent issues by executing advanced problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with customers and internal team members to lead positive change in a fast-paced work environment.
- Manage and build a direct and indirect sales team
- Persons occupying this position will be expected to sign an Employee Inventions and Proprietary Information agreement.
- Must be able to travel up to 75%, domestic and international
Compensation: $100k Base, $350k OTE
Questions? Please contact Dale via linked-in at http://www.linkedin.com/in/dalepcorrea
Thank you for your interest!