Our client, a well-established leader in the manufacturing of aerospace systems, has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Operations Manager. This role has direct responsibility for structuring, supervising and leading manufacturing production operations to achieve product quality, on-time delivery, continuous improvement and cost reduction goals. Experience leveraging lean manufacturing techniques to improve processes and reduce waste is required. Wiring and/or machining manufacturing experience is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates team with a view to satisfying customers in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD),
- Negotiates between organizations to develop onload/offload plans and integrated schedules using knowledge of production systems (e.g., supply, engineering, manufacturing, support, etc.)
- Monitors and ensures compliance with plans and schedules and reports status to Management and Customers as required.
- Acts as the focal point for coordination between manufacturing sites regarding work transition.
- Conducts weekly/daily production meetings to review progress and track actions.
- Reviews with Programs / Sales departments customer requirements like contracts, pricing, engineering changes, delivery and quality trends in order to meet customer demands.
- Improve product flow, material presentation, and equipment utilization.
- Assures that the production capacity is on-target to fulfill customer demand and inventories
- Identifies and communicates impact items and prepares plans to mitigate impact or recover.
- Helps manage profitability by monitoring the actual production costs, the product margin and the productivity.
- Develop metrics, reports, routines to monitor the Production unit performance.
- Effectively interfaces with business partners in all areas including customers, key employees, managers, sales, supply chain, and finance and support personnel to achieve strategic goals.
- Motivates and leads staff in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling to ensure that desired results are achieved in day-today operations and in meeting mid-to long term strategic goals.
- Develops and implements LEAN and Six Sigma initiatives. Define and implement changes to improve processes and financial results.
- Leverage Lean tools for flow manufacturing, 5S, PDCA, and visual manufacturing.
- Able to lead, manage, and coach a multidiscipline team for safe and successful manufacturing of products for the aerospace industry while promoting a safe, respectful, and positive work environment.
- Administers programs to ensure employee safety and compliance with all OSHA requirements.
- Minimum of B.S. or equivalent in Manufacturing Operations or a relevant engineering, scientific or business discipline.
- 5+ years of lean manufacturing management experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Operations Production Management preferably in the aerospace industry.
- 3+ years of wiring and/or machining manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of production resource planning tools (MRP/ERP), production methods (Kanban. 5S, Hoshin,) and quality tools (QRQC)
- Knowledge of production systems (e.g, supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, tooling, etc)
- Must have proven analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively motivate both internal and external resources to achieve objectives
- Effective negotiating skills
- Able to lead cross-functional teams
- Extensive verbal and technical writing skills and excellent presentation skills required
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office packages
$110k-$130k, plus annual bonus, 3 weeks’ vacation
Interested? If you have any questions, contact Dale via LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/dalepcorrea