Our client, a well-established leader in the manufacturing of aerospace systems, has an immediate opening for the position of Cost Accountant with five years progressive cost accounting experience. This position will be responsible for providing financial reporting, manufacturing variances and gross margin analysis to operations and management teams. Significant responsibilities include sub-assembly creation, production control, job costing, time studies, BOMs and working with others to improve ERP utilization. The position will also have a strong role in managing inventory of raw materials and parts through the inventory and cycle count process. Aerospace experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides cost estimating for new and existing products and participates in cost reduction initiatives.
- Analyze costs of raw materials and other supplies and create cost-benefit analyses for changing vendor
- Prepares and analyzes specific accounting statements and reports to assist in the preparation of financial statements, and other internal and external reports as required.
- Analyzes the change and major root causes for monthly inventory, obsolescence, PPV, closed MO variances, productivity and efficiency.
- Analyzes monthly sales, margin and backlog reports.
- Performs and coordinates all cycle and physical inventory counts and analyzes variances.
- Coordinates with other departments to achieve cost planning targets.
- Review rates of depreciation, labor and overhead and suggest policy changes for improvement
- Participates in monthly and yearly closing process including journal entry preparation.
- Coordinates and standardizes all sites’ cost accounting reports and activities
- Develop and update regular reporting to evaluate profitability and other metrics.
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and generate reports for senior management
- Assist the Staff Accountant with suggesting changes to policies or procedures to increase cash flow
- B.S. Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
- Experience with ERP or MRP systems implementation preferred.
- 3-5 years cost accounting and production / inventory data maintenance experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management by the APICS/CMA is a plus.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of GAAP as well as advanced PC skills with proficiency in spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and word processing software.
- Familiarity with vendor product coding regulations.
- Knowledge of production process and ability to see a job through with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, verbal, and written skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites Software, especially excel modeling.
Hours and Compensation:
- Full Time
- Compensation $80k - 90k DOE
- Benefits include paid Health, Vision and Dental Coverage, Vacation and Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Package
Questions about this position? Please contact Dale via Linked-In at http://www.linkedin.com/in/dalepcorrea
Thank you for your interest!