Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper
- Posted: over a month ago
Patrick Accounting of Memphis, TN is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper to join our amazing team! We're looking for someone who is extremely personable, detail-oriented, organized, driven, and focused. We're looking for a great communicator and an extremely fast learner. Are you passionate about small businesses and their success? Are you able to move quickly between programs and learn new technologies? Do you like to take chaos and create order? Do you want to work at one of the Best Places to Work in Memphis, one of Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies, and one of Accounting Today's Best Firms to Work For? If so, apply today!
WHAT YOU'RE FAMILIAR WITH:
- Microsoft Office
- Data entry
- Debits and credits
- Types of business entities
- Individual income, small business, and payroll tax laws
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Four-year college degree required; preferably in accounting, finance, or business.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Passion for small businesses and their success!
- Upbeat, confident, and friendly personality.
- Excellent problem solver; offer ideas and recommendations to clients.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Take security seriously to protect all parties.
- Thrive working under deadlines.
- Work efficiently with cloud-based systems.
- Communicate well verbally and in written format with clients and managers.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations and sales tax reports efficiently and accurately.
- Easily spot errors in P&L statements and correct them.
- Reconcile gross payroll and payroll taxes from payroll reports.
- Set up a QuickBooks file: bank accounts, online access for downloads, chart of accounts.
- Enter bills, pay bills, create invoices, receive payments and sales receipts.
- Set up vendors for 1099 processing.
- Process sales tax, liquor tax, and property tax returns.
- Untangle A/R messes.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
We make numbers feel less daunting and we have a darn good time doing it! We are a business casual office environment. (Yes, you can wear jeans. No, you can't wear a tie.) We believe in a healthy work-life balance. There are frequent company outings and team lunches where we celebrate birthdays, milestones, and accomplishments. We work as a team and we win as a team! Our entire team strives to make Patrick Accounting a family - not just a place to work.
Depending on your experience, you will receive an attractive salary of $45,000-$65,000. We reward outstanding proficiency skills with monthly incentive bonuses and prizes. We offer generous PTO, holiday pay, employer-paid health and dental insurance, vision insurance, monthly profit sharing, 401(k) contribution of 3%, and many other perks to all full-time employees. Excellent career and income opportunities exist for someone who will grow with us!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US:
This position will report daily to our Memphis, TN office. We service our clients from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. every business day. We are tech-forward and process-driven, so there are no endless late nights!
Patrick Accounting is a CPA firm that provides outsourced bookkeeping and accounting for growth-minded small business owners and entrepreneurs. We are a small business and we work exclusively with other small businesses. We work with owners of small businesses to help them be better organized, make more money, and save on taxes. We assist business owners with monthly bookkeeping, accounting, tax planning and reporting, payroll processing, and back office support services. For more information about who we are, please visit our website (www.patrickaccounting.com) and find us on social media.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable; that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for our Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application by visiting https://patrickaccounting.isolvedhire.com/jobs/
We will only consider online applications. Please do not call or stop by the office; these actions will disqualify you from further consideration. Please check your junk e-mail if you haven't heard from us within a few business days. Candidate testing and a background check will be conducted before employment. Our interview process is involved and thorough. Be prepared to meet with our team and ask a lot of questions! We look forward to meeting you!
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Patrick Accounting