Restaurant FOH Manager
$45,000 to $55,000
Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance
Vacation, PTO, & Sick Leave
Our client is seeking an experienced FOH Restaurant Manager for their upscale casual full-service concept in Washington, DC
The FOH Restaurant Manager provides leadership at the restaurant level. Manages hourly team members to ensure the consistent execution of companies quality standards, operating systems, procedures, philosophies, and cultural icons.
- Actively manage adherence to the quality standards, operating systems/procedures, and food sanitation & safety regulations/requirements.
- Role model and actively influence the behavior of others to ensure cultural icons are reflected in daily practice, promoting a safe and healthy work environment and superior guest experience.
- Actively develop hourly staff to support the organization’s talent pipeline and drive growth.
- Ensure facility is properly maintained.
- Represent, support, and protect the brand.
- Assist with new restaurant openings as needed or required.
- Assist GM in maintaining a full and properly trained staff to operate the restaurant effectively
- Ensure the restaurant is properly staffed for all shifts
- Actively monitor all service areas (dining room, bar, bakery) to ensure systems are being followed and guests are enjoying their experience
- Identify operational issues and system breakdowns and provide feedback to the management team, and take corrective action
- With management team, manage housekeeping systems and ongoing repair & maintenance programs to properly maintain the restaurant
- Ensure all inventory processes and procedures are completed accurately
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests, and company assets
- Ensure a safe work and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents and complete incident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured
- Facilitate complete and ongoing communication among key stakeholders for all operational issues, concerns, or changes
- With the GM, manage the hiring, supervision and development of hourly staff and when necessary, assist employee counseling and corrective action (which may include terminations)
- Ensure complete and proper documentation for all personnel actions (hiring, performance review, etc.)
- Develop hourly staff by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations, and conducting performance reviews/conversations
- Continuously evaluate hourly staff, and actively assist the identification and development of key hourly talent through sponsorship of high potentials.
- Participate in and support company-provided training and development programs and ensure that all training materials, schedules and guidelines are being
- Minimum of 1 year restaurant and hotel restaurant management experience in full service, high volume restaurant
- Hospitality school background preferred
- Hotel experience required
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish preferred
- Has excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Has a high level of organizational skills with multi-tasking capabilities
- Has the ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage workloads with minimum direction
- Possesses a high attention to detail and strong follow-through
- Is dependable, reliable, and highly motivated
- Thrives in a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
- Inspired to perform without outside help
- Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer