Growing restaurant concept with locations in West St. Louis County looking for an Assistant Manager.
Base Salary $48,000-$52,000 plus bonus
2 years of management experience required. Bar experience required.
• Food safety and planning o Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances. o Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service. o Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards. o Assists in maintaining food and beverage costs. o Knows and Assist with food needs, placing orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of food and supplies. o Must be ServSafe certified. o Will uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
• Guest service o Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests. o Table touching o Event coordinator for nightly parties
• Financial o Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs. o Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) are placed in correct place for General Manager review
• Operational responsibilities o Assists to ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets. o Assists in ensuring a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
o Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, assist and learn scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness. o Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
• Personnel o Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues. o Learns and Assists in Interviewing hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees. o Assists in conducting orientation, explaining the corporate philosophy, and overseeing the training of new employees. o Assists in developing employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews. o Assists in maintaining an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer)