A General Manager (GM) is responsible for providing the leadership role to the Managers and Team Members in the restaurant. He/she upholds the standards for food and beverage quality, Team Member engagement, financial achievement, Standard Operating Procedures and the Guest experience.
He/she coaches and directs the Managers and Team Members towards the achievement of these standards. He/she communicates information with clarity and detail. He/she is responsible for the people planning needs, including selection of quality Team Members.
The GM administers Team Member and Management training programs and provides direction towards the achievement of their personal and professional goals. A GM assigns and defines areas of responsibility for the restaurant Managers, establishes guidelines and sets deadlines for the completion of assignments. The GM directs the Management Team and Team Members towards the achievement of the restaurant’s financial goals. The GM promotes an attitude of pride, cooperation and success in the restaurant.
- Minimum 3 years General Management Exp is mandatory in full service operation with bar
- Culinary school or previous culinary management experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required – must be able to attract, train and retain the very best Managers and Team Members in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
- Exercise integrity in all areas of the restaurant operation.
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on cost of sales, inventory and labor.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with all Managers, Hourly Team Members, and Guests.
In this GM role, you will manage all of the restaurant managers along with restaurant back of house / kitchen & front of house / service teams AND have P&L and Operating Partner / Leadership responsibilities. As the senior restaurant leader, you will run the full operations manager / Managing Partner capacity.
Equal Opportunity Employer