The Irrigation Manager will be responsible for training about water management and developing all irrigation personnel, as well as providing day-to-day operational scheduling and guidance. 5 years management and irrigation experience.
Schedules and directs personnel and resources towards providing quality, cost-effective irrigation services to clients. IMs also support the Account Manager(s) in estimating, design and client meetings as needed. IMs will also sell irrigation services to clients, with or without base maintenance contracts, on their own.
- Thorough knowledge of: all irrigation systems, 2 wire, controllers, Rainbird IQ, Hunter IMMS Communication Boards, programming of large projects, hydraulics, products and reading irrigation designs.
- Proficiency in, or knowledge of, a variety of computer software applications, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within an organization, the landscaping industry or local marketplace, including 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Obtain and maintain certifications and licenses needed to perform work in local market.
- Must maintain a current, valid driver’s license.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- The Irrigation Manager (IM) schedules and directs personnel and resources towards providing quality, cost-effective irrigation services to clients, while achieving all Gross Margin goals.
- IMs also support the Client Relations Managers and Account Managers in estimating, design and client meetings as needed. IMs will also sell irrigation services to clients, with or without base maintenance contracts, on their own.
- The Irrigation Manager will be responsible for training and developing all irrigation personnel and providing day-to-day operational scheduling and guidance.
- Understand client needs via regular communication with Account Managers.
- Manage all irrigation services, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce quality work.
- As necessary, perform hands-on work with crews to meet work and scheduling demands.
- Work with the Branch Manager to identify staffing needs, hire new crew members, and prepare daily crew schedules.
- Ensure proper paperwork is completed for all employee changes and new hires. Communicate with, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plan for employees.
- Hands-on training and support of crew members, including proper operation of equipment, install techniques, safety, and quality standards.
- Focus on safety and monitor safety records.
- Master the Aspire System in order to maintain and manage all required administrative systems, including but not limited to time sheets, job databases, and service schedules.
- Request purchase orders and use in accordance with company guidelines.
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- Irrigation : 5 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
We represent most major restaurant chains, as well as single-unit operations and the most exciting emerging brands poised to grow explosively -- casual and fine dining, fast-casual and fast food/ QSR, themed dining clubs, family-style and buffet, airport/ mall/ travel plaza operations, corporate and boutique hotels, resorts, casinos, and supermarket/ grocers -- the biggest and best look to us.
TOP 5 Advantages YOU get working with Patrice & Associates - S Kennedy...
1. We know openings that are not on job boards (the best usually aren't)
2. We get qualified candidates directly to the decision makers (jump the line)
3. We work for YOU for FREE as a Career Coach to find YOU the perfect career!
4. We work confidentially, protecting your job while we look for new opportunities
5. You get to be part of our secure database for future exclusive opportunities
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer