Restaurant Executive Chef
$75,000 to $85,000
Medical, Dental, Vision
Our client is seeking an experienced Executive Chef for their busy full-service restaurant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains kitchen team members on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Trains, develops and motivates supervisors and team members to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
- Teaches preparation according to recipes and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving food quality.
- Maintain Quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food.
- Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling team members as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Communicates effectively with the Management Team and staff.
- Delegates as appropriate to develop supervisors and subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and kitchen staff
- Advocates sound financial/business decision making, demonstrates honesty, integrity and also leads by example
- Effectively maintains the restaurant’s facility, both exterior and interior, to company standards and ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for both FOH and BOH Team Members to execute their responsibilities.
- Oversees the posting of department schedules in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively with vendors.
- Manages all aspects of food cost and actively works to eliminate waste.
- Interviews and assists in the hiring of all departments to maintain appropriate staffing par levels.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED required (two-year culinary degree preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in an Executive Chef in full-service
- 5+ years of high-volume restaurant experience.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal food sanitation regulations
- Comfortable providing direction and supervision to kitchen manager and staff
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required. Must be able to attract, train, develop and retain the very best Team Members in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on year-over-year sales growth, Guest count increases, effective staffing levels, great service, add-on sales, and labor cost management.
Equal Opportunity Employer