Our client, a well known, successful fast food brand, is seeking a Director of Operations to provide planning, direction and leadership for all aspects of a restaurant business in a defined geographic area. We are seeking a leader in this role in Pensacola, FL, Mobil and Huntsville AL
- Develops formal business plans on a Market basis as appropriate to implement strategic vision.
- Ensures creation of human resource planning which takes into account staffing levels, recruiting, retention, wage/salary/benefit administration, work environment and morale.
- Evaluates Restaurant Operations i.e., food, quality, customer service, sanitation and cost controls for adherence to Company policies and procedures, through review of Company monitoring systems and restaurant visits/R.P.R.’s. Recommends changes as appropriate.
- Evaluates and analyzes monthly operating statements, reviews costs and sales performance to identify trends or problems.
- Takes necessary action to improve operating results and/or eliminate problems.
- Participates in the establishment of Market goals and objectives. Initiates action plans to accomplish and evaluate performance of same. Reviews results with District Manager and all levels of management on a periodic basis to ensure progress.
- Responds to customer complaints, reviews trends, follows up with appropriate personnel to ensure correct measures are taken to improve customer service.
- Ensures a positive atmosphere is established and maintained with employees through open communications, and ensures adherence to all Company human resources standards/ procedures, Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
- Ensures communications with District Managers concerning implementation of programs. Follows up with in-store management concerning District (Area) Managers presence and coaching same.
- Maintains awareness of competitive marketing programs and apprises supervisor of major influencing factors. Observes test unit activities and provides input, as appropriate.
- Coordinates new unit openings with District Manager.
- Directly responsible for District Manager and indirectly responsible for restaurant management staffing to provide maximum operational efficiencies.
- Monitors facility maintenance expenditures at both an R&M and capital level. Assists in the coordination of remodels and major repairs.
- Ensures environment and opportunities to foster professional and personal development of restaurant management staff.
- Participates in manpower planning, succession planning and career development activities of restaurant management personnel.
- Develops unit management focusing on both technical and managerial skills. Conducts Area/Restaurant meetings. Conducts performance appraisals and growth plans. Monitors development of management teams.
- Provides direct guidance to the District Managers and indirect guidance to the General Managers in generating sales and maximizing profits. Evaluates restaurant progress in key areas, such as customer service, sales growth, customer counts, check averages, turnover and all cost categories.
- Participates directly in the recruitment and selection of District Managers and indirectly in restaurant management.
- Establishes on-going processes to elicit, test and implement new program ideas.
- Provides feedback on emerging needs; content, value, and fit of programs and performance and development needs of assigned personnel.
- Promotes the building of sales within the restaurants local community.
- Embodies, promotes and teaches the values of the Company.
- High School graduate or equivalent with some college preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a manager of multi-unit operation, preferably in a restaurant. retail or service industry.
- Basic computer skills helpful.
Medical, Dental, Vision and Vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer