Child Care Worker
Patria Life Community Church Westminster, CO
- Posted: 28 days ago
- $15 to $17 Hourly
Patria Life Community Church is seeking a Children’s Ministry Worker who has a heart for and experience working with children, a desire to see children’s faith develop, a willingness to shape the forward direction of the children’s work, and a high energy level for the demands of a growing ministry. Teamwork, positivity, flexibility and a willingness to adapt to the changing needs in ministry are key.
Position Title: Kids Korner Caregiver
Purpose: Provide a welcoming and spirit-led presence to the Kids Ministry. Coordinate necessary tasks for the effective promotion and implementation of a thriving ministry.
The children’s ministry worker serves as a member of the Children and Family Ministry Team on Sunday mornings and Wednesday Evenings under the direction of the Pastor to support the vision and energy to create an attractive church community for young people and their families, and encourage and nurture youth and their families. The Children’s Ministry Worker, through assigned duties works with children and their families to encourage exploration and growth in their Christian faith. The successful worker will also assist church members in identifying and cultivating opportunities for active involvement in the church community. Based on specifically assigned area of responsibility, the Children’s Ministry Worker may perform any combination of the following duties.
1. Welcome families attending Patria Life Community Church
2. Actively lead children in age-appropriate Biblical curriculum
3. Lovingly care/nurture children without discrimination to race, gender, family origin or special needs
4. Mentor incoming caregivers and volunteers
5. Offer a healthy respect of Patria Life Community Church’s property (furniture, equipment, and materials)
6. Attend all required staff training for the position
7. Plan, produce and source materials for projects, activities and events
8. Identify and cultivate mission opportunities for for children.
9. Assist in planning and delivering special events for children and their families.
10. Establish a warm and friendly relationship with children.
11. Setup materials and equipment for projects and activities and cleanup following completion of activities and projects.
12. Assist in planning/coordination/participation in special programs and events for youth encouraging participation in fellowship, outreach, missions and ministry opportunities.
The person in this position must have a heart for and experience working with children, a desire to see children’s faith develop, willing to actively shape the forward direction of the children’s work, and possess a high energy level for the demands of a growing ministry.
1. Love for kids and passion for helping kids grow in their faith
2. A welcoming spirit to reach out to youth and their families.
3. Teaching skills (articulate Biblical curriculum material/activities)
4. Strong creative communication skills with both children and adults
5. Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity with an attitude of flexibility and adaptability in the face of changing moods, plans, and directions common to working with youth and parents
6. Proficiency in word processing and internet research.
7. A team-player who works well with other members of the church staff.
8. Effective organizational skills.
9. Ability to respond to requests in a timely fashion and keep commitments.
10. Knowledge of activities and projects of interest to elementary age children.
1. Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and sign Patria Life’s Statement of Faith.
2. A high school diploma or equivalent education is required.
3. Must pass a background check if applicable.
Patria Life Community Church
10891 Tennyson StreetWestminster, CO