Product Marketing Manager - Remote
Patra Corporation Adamsville, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
As a leader in technology-enabled services for the insurance industry, Patra is taking our client on a journey into the future of insurance. Patra’s Technology Enabled Services is powered by the integration of our Process Execution and our PatraOne Platform. By joining Patra, you will help accelerate the demand for automation in the insurance industry.
As Patra’s product marketing manager, you are responsible for making your services “fly off the shelf.”
You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches. This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the marketing tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results.
In addition, you know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to develop positioning and a message that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to succeed.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with technical product managers and sales channels, solution consultants, and others; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and dive in.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy, and their critical buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned, where they spend their time, what messaging they use and how that relates to Patra and our roadmap.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information and the who, what, when, and why behind their decisions. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a go-to-market (GTM) plans for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral, and teach them how and when to use them.
- Come from the Insurance Industry – Broker Agency, MGA, Wholesaler, Carrier or Insurance based vendor.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least two years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g., delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools like Gong.io and Hubspot
- Power-user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a solid public speaker, comfortable in front of groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties. Team player!
- Work from home
- Minimum internet speed of 6 mbps download and 3 mbps upload; no satellite
- Competitive Salary / Benefits / PTO
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequent sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand, use of telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds
- Sort/file paperwork, rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the Patra Corp will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Patra colleagues and clients and with external organizations
- Promotes Culture of Respect & Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety and respect; communicates concerns; uses and promotes safe respectful behaviors based on training and lessons learned
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable Patra Corp policies and procedures
BusinessView all jobs at Patra Corporation